Women Health Empowerment and Emancipation Initiative is a non-profit and non-government Organization. WHEEIK was established to address issues faced by women, adolescent girls, children and youth in accessing basic information, Human Right and other services at the community level, which affects their ability to access qualitative social services in Kano State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Integrated Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Gender Based Violence (GBV)
Vacancy Number: VA-WHEEI-2021-26-10
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 9 Months
Program Exp: 2022-07-31
Duties & Responsibilities
- The candidate being sought is one that inspires and delivers high impact and sustained results; a principled and ethical staff who exemplifies human rights norms and standards and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction; a staff who is transparent exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commits to deliver excellence in programme results.
- In all activities the Program Officer SRHR / GBV fosters collaboration within Project Team in the state particularly within the programme / technical team providing technical support in the core area of GBV prevention including Comprehensive Sexuality Education and integrated SRHR information and services.
- The Program Officer SRHR / GBV will work as part of the Spotlight Programme technical Team while under the direct supervision of the Project Manager Integrated SRHR/GBV and overall leadership of the Executive Director.
- University Degree in Social Sciences or closely related fields directly related to the substantive area outlined in the job description of the post.
- Gender: Female
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3-5 years professional experience in programme implementation relevant to sexual reproductive health and gender-based violence. Candidate must possess substantial knowledge and practical experience in sexual reproductive health and Gender including integration of SRHR/GBV.
- Candidate must have knowledge of result-based programme management experience with particular focus on project planning and capacity building.
- A strong interpersonal communication skill including dissemination of information and advocacy skills is an added advantage.
Deadline: 6th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Please kindly note that this post advertisement is also a roster. Even if you are not selected for this particular post we may contact you directly if there is a suitable opportunity in the future.