Population Services International (PSI), is a world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Manage the administrative inventory management documents as per PSI Nigeria policy.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through PSI Nigeria warehouse(s).
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, program, and sales, to review the supply plan and ensure warehouse space availability for inbound commodities.
- Advise the Operations Manager of potential inventory expiry
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment, ensuring clear safety procedures.
- Manage the loading/unloading procedures using casual laborers in the warehouse, stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Operations Manager of warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Manage the warehouse facility ensuring good order, tidiness, access to stock and adequate space for receiving, packing and dispatching stock per PSI Global Warehousing Policy
- In collaboration with the Program leads, the Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for quality stock control, proper storage and release of stock.
- Ensure safety of PSI Nigeria commodities and supplies.
- Receive completed warehouse requisition request forms and prepare the items for dispatch / release.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for when issued from the warehouse.
- Prepare a monthly report for PSI inventory and share with the responsible department for the needed action.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Manager to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Strategic management and oversight of the supply chain activities in PSI Nigeria.
Goods Receipts and Distribution:
- Receipt of all PSI Nigeria goods and commodities into the warehouse.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents, and inbound and outbound of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards.
- Responsible for arranging and overseeing the transportation of goods in accordance with PSI Nigeria procedures.
- Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with program, packaging of stock inventory for distribution per distribution order.
- Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
- Organize monthly inventory site reconciliation meeting between sales and finance teams
- Suggest to sales, key sales indicators and provision of market intelligence for improvement of social franchise activities
- Development of reconciliation templates for inventory site commodity tracking.
- Prepare monthly inventory valuation summary for use in Field Finance package report from QBE accounting software
- Input item receipt for products and services procured by PSI Nigeria into QBE accounting software
- Upload of monthly amortizations and item receipt documents into PSI Nigeria scan and attach SharePoint pages.
- Advise the Operations Manager of asset-specific issues or improvements
- Update as per PSI Global requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
- Manage the security of PSI Nigeria assets.
- Receive completed asset request forms and prepare the assets for issuance.
- Ensure assets are signed for received on the Equipment issue and receipt form
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Manager to reconcile the asset register and Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the asset register regularly.
- Conduct routine asset inspection and submit report to the Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of all PSI Nigeria asset
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
- A Degree in Logistics, Administration, Procurement, or related field.
- At least 2 year working experience in Supply Chain and logistics
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills required.
- Good initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and good overall Microsoft skills with ability to use spreadsheets, databases and other IT programmes
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
- Ability to work in an organized and systematic manner
- An excellent team player
- Complex problem solving
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Good business ethics
- Knowledgeable in the use of ERP systems (QuickBooks Enterprise).
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You will strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You will not be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it is the only way you will learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You will quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you will not succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
Deadline: 14th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as one PDF / Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.