International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
SVN No. : SVN2021.77
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organization Unit: Resource Management
IOM Classification: G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Slots: 2 Openings
- Under the general supervision of Senior Resource Management in Maiduguri, and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer in Maiduguri, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in the overall management of the warehouse by receiving the goods, updating the warehouse records in the database, and dispatching the goods for all related operations in the mission.
- Assist in developing Standard Operating Manual for the warehouse and ensure there is always a system in place to be followed.
- Assist with coordinating the work of the Junior Warehouse Assistants and guide them on day to day basis.
- Verify all documents received from the vendors related to goods received and services provided at the warehouse with procurement and finance colleagues before payment is released.
- Keep the entire warehouse facility well maintained, including ensuring that goods are stacked, stored, and updating the stock cards where necessary.
- Receive goods from vendors/transporters and inspect the quantity/quality to ensure they all meet the same specifications and standards ordered.
- Monitor the loading/offloading activities at the warehouse whenever taking place and supervise the hired Labour workers to cover the job properly.
- Follow up on the transportation of the goods exiting the warehouse to other destinations to ensure they reach their destination.
- Responsible for issuing the “Receiving Report Forms” for the new arrival items into the warehouse and for issuing the “Stock Release Authorization Form” when releasing items from the warehouse.
- Conduct physical inventory of items in the warehouse and provide updates on the inventory records upon completing each activity.
- Prepare weekly and monthly warehouse report to be shared with the Senior Logistics/Procurement Assistant in Sana’a as well as program managers.
- Follow up the warehouse insurance related matters and ensure the relevant documents are signed and are up to date in line with IN_043 Asset and Insurance Policy and coordinated with the SRMO.
- Ensure that security is always maintained within the warehouse premises in coordination with the Security unit.
- Assist in supporting the even-flow from receiving to shipping and communicate issues and concerns to Logistics Unit by ensuring all the original shipping documents are well received in case of receiving new arrival shipments like, packing lists, way bills; bills of lading and the shipping invoices.
- Obtain and document the proper authorization and documents from his/her designated officer in case of releasing/issuing any of the warehouse items to any individual and/or unit within the mission.
- Manage the archiving system with proper labels.
- Maintain an accurate inventory through cycle/directed counting.
- Assist the procurement and program colleagues by labelling tenders’ samples for technical evaluation and inspection processes.
- Assist mission procurement unit organizing and maintaining Vendor Creation Forms in PRISM. Prepare and maintain proper documentation.
- Perform MIGO through PRISM for all purchase orders in IOM Nigeria and set up/streamline procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with five years of relevant working experience with specific focus on logistics and procurement in medium-large scale complex emergencies and inventory stock / supply chain management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the different elements of the supply chain in humanitarian context.
- Previous experience in conflict affected areas/natural disaster areas with limited infrastructure.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines in challenging settings.
- Ability to work in multicultural and multi-ethnic environments.
- Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Deadline: Tuesday, 9th November, 2021.
Important Information and Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “SVN2021.77 Maiduguri, Nigeria. Warehouse Assistant G5“.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Failure to use the above SVN in your email subject will result to disqualification.