APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Keeper
Job Type: Full time
Health Safety & Environmental:
- Support daily safety management system within local/ archetype terminal warehouses
- Undertake regular safety walks and warehouse inspections
- Promote a safe workplace for all warehouse related operations
- Contribute to maintaining a strong safety culture within APMT operations.
- Support best practice in warehousing operations by applying the right knowledge for the Warehouse facilities
- Monitor local Warehouse and Inventory statistics and KPIs, and identify potential improvements to warehouse management, supporting the achievement of operational production/ throughput targets
- Work collaboratively with the planning team and other terminal staff to ensure that the availability of materials is sustained at all times, to match the overall schedule of maintenance for the terminal
- Organise and support stock control checks in accordance with global warehousing standards
- Understand APMT procurement policies
- Support the implementation of the Warehousing and Inventory management standard
- Apply and sustain the criticality, preservation and obsolescence standards for spare parts, materials and equipment held with the Stores inventory management.
- Monitor and optimise stock levels and minimum re-order quantities to ensure that critical spares are available on a just-in-time basis, and that costs for depreciation and storage of spares are kept to a minimum
- Ensure clear communication with both internal and external clients
- Build collaborative relationships with associated divisions and external parties
- Participate and contribute to the APMT network for Warehousing and Inventory management community
- Ensure compliance with APMT Group values and business principles
- Implement and fully utilise accurate spare parts costing standards and reports
- Measure spare parts costs and drive optimization of the local inventory management processes
We are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in warehouse management – managing spare parts and tools
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an operational asset maintenance or inventory management related environment
- Professional certification in Warehouse & Inventory management or related supply chain disciplines
- Practical knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), barcode inventory system and related technologies
- Applied knowledge of 5S and Lean methodologies
- Highly disciplined – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, with respect to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence
- Excellent written English and verbal communication.
- Preventive maintenance of tools and spare parts
- Academic qualification appropriate to the role in the terminal / archetype locality
- Practical, analytical mindset
- Understanding of asset maintenance principles, its processes and requirements and relationship to the supply chain
- Structured, driven, self-motivating and result orientated
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th December, 2021.