ScaleLab is acting as an intermediately in the job search for another US based corporation. An online retailer with double digit yearly growth numbers (current at $6 million / year revenue). 50 + staff members and roughly 10 outside contractors on the team. In the process of doubling retail output, with new facilities in US. An established U.S. based company looking to switch all of our e-commerce operations to in-house development. Our core business is online retail in the US automotive space.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: (Remote) Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Business Analyst you will be responsible for gathering data from multiple sources including retail website, ERP systems and 3rd party software (or overseeing the process). You will analyze processes and provide analytics of inventory flows, from both SKU and financial perspectives.
- At the current stage we’re looking for someone to take over the existing analytics systems and improve them. This position presents a perfect opportunity for someone passionate about analysis to dive into a lake of data and improve or build new structures at their discretion.
- Evaluate data and translate data into actionable information:
- Sales over time ranges: year, month, week, day
- Operation costs, channel costs, staff, marketing, fees, etc
- Predict sales based on historical data
- Track and manage unit metrics
- Work closely with the finance department and business owners to signal risk or opportunities identified in the analysis.
- Warehouse analysis: incoming (supply) / outgoing (sales), stock growth / reduction, number of processed items / number of items ready for sale, stock metrics / warehouse capacities, product quality grading metric, stock valuation by: quality, cost, revenue, age
- Warehouse logistics analysis: stock moves, time spent in zones, logistic optimization
- Design, launch and track pricing strategies: by stock age (time of arrival), by stock attributes, according to periodic business needs, using automated and basic ML/logic approaches
- Understand and manage unit economics, adjust monthly spend based on fluctuating costs
- Track shipping costs: by shipping zones, price per unit / per bundle, exceptions, averages on different package dimensions
- Present real-time data in a highly visual format (dashboards) or quick-to-understand charts and graphs using business intelligence (BI) software.
- Work with the accounting / finance to create automated financial reporting mechanisms.
Qualification / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Management, Computer Science or related field experience
- 3+ years experience working as a business analyst.
- Tech savvy. Knowing when to deploy scaled data mining vs manual input.
- Understanding of accounting / finance or an equivalent accounting degree
- Python, MySQL (or equivalent databases), PowerBi (or equivalent system), APIs
- Basic server administration
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative information concisely into strategic recommendations
Job Advantage / Salary
- Salary: USD 500 – USD 1,500
- 100% Remote work, work on your own schedule (several hours overlap with EST timezone is required)
- Paid 14 days vacation + holidays
Deadline: 28th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the job title and the location as the subject of the mail.