Noble Hall is a day and boarding secondary school for girls in the heart of Abuja. It is a Leadership Academy which runs the British Curriculum and also offers WAEC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chemistry and Mathematics Teacher
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Purpose of role
- To plan, deliver and monitor a coordinated program of high-quality academic tutoring, which is progressive and reflective of the needs of the learners.
- She/he must support the aim of improving academic success of ALL Learners at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects such as Chemistry, Mathematics or any other assigned subject.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by school administrative regulations.
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic problems, or special academic interests.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Prepare for assigned classes, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisors.
- Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Practice teaching by differentiation to ensure that all learners are catered to.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests, and interpret results to determine students’ strengths and areas of need.
- Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
Deadline: 22nd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.