Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECH), Okitipupa was established by the Ondo State Government in 2008. The University was initially named as Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH), Okitipupa. The Ondo State Government changed the name of the University to Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECH) in December, 2019. The University is a technology-based institution which aims at providing the needed manpower training in order to address the critical areas of industrial and technological development of Ondo State and Nigeria as a whole.
The Vision of the University is to be a leading internationally recognized institution raising a corpus of technologically competent individuals able to respond to the needs of their environment in a technologically driven economy. The rapidly growing University currently runs academic programmes in three Schools. These are School of Science, School of Engineering and Engineering Technology and School of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources. The University has a student population of almost 5,000 students and is committed to the enthronement of highest academic and moral standards.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the non-teaching position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer (CONUASS 13)
Location: Okitipupa, Ondo
Unit: Security Unit
- The Chief Security Officer is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the discharge of his duties.
Qualifications / Experience
- Candidate must possess a good honours Degree (minimum of second class lower division) from a recognized University and not less than thirteen (13) years experience in the Police or the Armed Forces/Security Services not below the rank of Superintendent of Police or its equivalence plus a professional certificate in Security Training from a reputable institution.
- Such a candidate should have at least thirteen (13) years cognate experience in a university or other institution of higher learning.
- At least three (3-5) years of post-qualification experience should be in a top management position.
- Possession of Master’s degree is also an added advantage.
- Applicants should have the experience and drive to provide excellent security coverage for the whole university community. The vision for the provision and development of security in the University should be enclosed in the application.
Deadline: 19th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 15 copies of Curriculum Vitae with photocopy of certificates. The Curriculum Vitae should follow the format below:
- Full Names
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State and Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal / Contact Address
- E-Mail Address & OSM
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with names and ages)
- Next of Kin
- Institution(s) Attended obtained (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Working Experience
- Present Employment: Status, Salary and Employer
- Service to the Community (with status and date)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Major Conferences and Workshops attended with papers read
- List of Publications as appropriate and any other relevant information
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees.
- Signature and Date.
Applications should be marked “Attention of Human Resources” and sent to:
Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECU),
P.M.B. 353, Okitipupa,
Note: Applicants are to inform their referees to send confidential reports to the Registrar.