Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Complaint Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Customer service/Call center
- Ideal candidate would handle the day-to-day administration of new complaints received centrally (via post, email, head office, telephone calls or from external bodies such as solicitors, consultants, regulatory authorities, etc.) and ensure the timely response and resolution in line with the Bank’s SLA’s, Regulatory Requirements and Policies.
Complaints Resolution and Service Recovery:
- Work with different functional business units to investigate and resolve escalated, complex or difficult complaints, disputes or cases; issuing timely letters to complainants whilst maintaining deadlines; assisting with the calculation and processing of refunds or compensation payments; requesting consent when required and gathering of all evidence required to review the case.
- Provide support for complaints being investigated/adjudicated by external bodies and make available all required information and documentation to facilitate the speedy investigation and resolution of issues.
- Ensure both internal and external customer complaints, concerns and other grievances are resolved amicably within the shortest possible time, while escalating breaches as required, and the final resolution of the complaint communicated to the customer.
- Where the Bank has not delivered on its service promise, conduct service recovery, and implement actions to win the customer back.
- Where resolution is pending with other financial institutions, engage the consumer protection teams of the respective organizations and/or escalate to the Consumer Protection Department of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for intervention.
Complaints Monitoring and Reporting:
- Ensure all complaints are kept up to date, by recording the details and statistics of complaints, reference numbers, status, timeframes for responses, and outcomes.
- Monitor and accurately record all complaints received, ensuring that investigation/response deadlines are adhered to; requesting regular updates together with a copy of the complaint response for file and case closure from relevant teams.
- Analyse complaint data to identify trends as well as continuous improvement actions with the aim of reducing incidence of complaints/issues and work with the business to implement these improvement actions.
- Effectively coordinate and track the end-to-end management and resolution of all complaints, disputes, and issues in compliance with the regulation.
- Co-ordinate appropriate action, including preventive action, taken to address sources of complaints, adverse issues and trends identified and foster continuous improvement.
- Conduct root cause analysis of complaints to detect underlying issues and work with related business units to fix the identified problems while using findings to drive change.
- Monitor and track interactions to proactively identify issues that may lead to potential losses or customer churn and take necessary actions in collaboration with the required stakeholders to resolve/eradicate the issues.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Customer Service Officer/ Customer Compliant Officer.
- Preferably candidates from Financial institutions (Mandatory).
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond.
Deadline: 10th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online