Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Our client is a prominent player in the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry, the company’s operations span across major businesses in the Oil and Gas value chain.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance – Downstream Oil & Gas Business
Location: Jakande – Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
- Engages the Board to develop short, medium, and long-term financial plans and projections
- Develops and maintains a system of appropriate financial policies, procedures and controls to ensure efficient financial management
- Manages key banking relationships to facilitate proper, timely and cost-effective funding of business operations
- Monitors all payments to ensure that such are justified by the value of work successfully completed and are in alignment with the approved budget.
- Implements effective policies and controls around receivables monitoring and collections
- Oversees the preparation and communication of timely, accurate, and useful financial and management reports for Management and the Board on a periodic and /or ad-hoc
- Manages treasury assets to achieve optimal sourcing, application, growth of funds and healthy liquidity position
- Develops and implements a robust and reliable financial reporting system in compliance with statutory requirements
- Works to ensure that adequate controls are in place to facilitate seamless payment system and that financial transactions are accurately captured and reported
- Liaises with external auditors to discuss and resolve queries as they arise to ensure seamless audit exercise
- Develops and manages relationships with relevant external bodies / contacts e.g. regulatory organisations auditors, solicitors, banks etc.
- Approves payroll to facilitate payment to staff
- Advises Management and the Board on changes in financial regulations, legislation and government tariffs
- Reviews weekly financial reports submitted by relevant departments/units and presents timely reports to the Board of Directors
- Coordinates the preparation of the company’s financial reports and statutory reporting process
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience, 4 of which must have been in a Senior Management position of an organisation, interfacing with the Executive team and Financial partners
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent
- Experience of statutory financial reporting and knowledge of GAAP, IFRS
- A MBA or Master’s Degree in a related discipline is an advantage
- Pay is competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online