World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Officer – NOA
Ref No: 2107013
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 Months
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the WHO Representative of WHO/Nigeria, direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
Installation, Administration and Maintenance of the Following:
- ICT Hardware and Software according to AFRO ICT standard
- ICT services to the office.
- LAN/WAN and data communications systems
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair ICT equipment.
- Perform daily server backup of data files
- Disaster recovery procedures
- ICT infrastructure against hacker and virus protection, protection against power failure, fire protection.
- ICT equipment and software
- Administer software and updates
- Liaise with other UN agencies and external partners on ICT matters.
- Make a quarterly report on informatics equipment inventory
- Provide technical documentation concerning all ICT related activities and update it
- Make a monthly activity report
User and Administrative Support:
- Provide in-house training/assistance to staff on usage of informatics equipment
- Assist in the design and implementation of database applications and other computer programmes
- Coordinate the activities of external consultants
- Act as ICT/AFRO focal point at WHO Country Office level
- Perform other duties as required
Competencies (Describe the core, management or leadership competencies required, with reference to WHO competency model; list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones; identify a minimum of three and a maximum of five competencies):
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Moving forward in a changing Environment
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Respecting and promoting Individual and Cultural Differences
- Creating an Empowering and Motivation Environment
- Essential: University Degree in Electronic or Communications Engineering or Computer Technology.
- Desirable: Master’s Degree in Electronic or Communications Engineering or Computer Technology and Certifications in ICT.
- Essential: 2 years of experience in administration of information and communications technology
- Desirable: Experience in integrating voice and data communication field. LAN design, maintenance and troubleshooting roster configuration. IP address schemes, internet/funnelling.
Functional Skills and Knowledge
Describe skills and knowledge specific to the post:
- Very good knowledge of LAN and TCP/IP networking, Windows 10 operating system, Windows Sever, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Office Applications; Good knowledge of computer security including firewall and virus protection; Good knowledge of Data backup and Disaster Recovery procedures (Veritas Backup Exec is the software used); Good knowledge of Database Programming with visual basic; Good knowledge of Administration of Telecommunication systems including PBX; Ability to analyse and troubleshoot problems; Ability to write technical documents.
- Ability to organize and provide training for programs and data managers; Work effectively with colleagues and partners at national and international levels; Provide leadership and monitor progress. Computer software program proficiency in software and services including EPI Info, ODK, Google Apps, DHIS2, ArcGIS, Windows Server, Ubuntu Server, App/platform integration with willingness and ability to travel extensively in Nigeria.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Expert knowledge in video conferencing, management of virtual meetings and providing remote helpdesk support.
Deadline: 22nd December, 2021 (11:59 PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.