Lavita Group – Our client, Acouns Laboratory and Diagnostic Center is a molecular diagnostic center aimed at providing quality and dependable patient test result in order to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Manager
Location: Ikota, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Laboratory Operations
- We are seeking highly-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team
- Candidates must be willing to join a fast-paced environment, be willing to learn quickly, adapt to new environments and must have a keen interest in laboratory and research related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the effective and prompt delivery of medical samples from all collection centers to the processing lab.
- Ensure all working staff are diligently performing their duties with no room for tardiness and negligence of their duties.
- Ensure all samples entering the lab follow due processes and documented with Assigned serial codes from reception to extraction room to PCR to reporting.
- Ensure all samples are well documented both on hard copy and soft copy according to LSB guidelines. These documentations should be reproduced at any given time, if requested by LSB.
- Ensure all stock level of consumables and reagents adequate. Furthermore, any items due to be ordered should be reported to the Purchasing mgr for restock.
- You are responsible for making sure all samples we test are reported to LSB at the specified time given by LSB. No later than that. The reports should be in the precise format as instructed by LSB with no gaps, omissions or falsified data.
- Ensure all safety protocol are abided by within the company.
- Report any issues or incidents to the QC manager and the company directors
- Ensure that you are available for audit by the QC manager.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine or Medical Laboratory Science (MBBS or MLS)
- Desirable: A professional quality certification
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in both quality management and serving in a supervisory role.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of laboratory quality standards particularly ISO 15189
- Demonstrate a high level of verbal and non-verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with colleagues, management, other staff and stakeholders from other institutions.
- Demonstrate leadership and team management skills including the ability to manage his/her staff and service and work with multi-disciplinary team members.
- Demonstrate evidence of effective planning and organizing skills
- Effective communicator, and manager.
- Must be meticulous and organized.
N150,000 – N200,000 monthly.
Deadline: 15th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.