Hexavia is a company of young creative professionals with the most proficient skill in brand management, project consultancy as well as function-specific facilitation and trainings. Our team realizes that excellence, quality, and customer satisfaction while doing what we love for a living remains the only way to stay on top. We are fast growing and we are adding tremendous value to our clients.
Hexavia Limited – Our client, a leading Paint Company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manufacturing / Production Manager – Paint Factory
Location: Ogba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are in need of a Manufacturing / Production Manager that will manage manufacturing staff, coordinate and cooperate with various cross functional team for smooth operations of the plant.
- To set the direction of the plant operation, achieve monthly / weekly / daily production plan, and prepare action plans for self and individual team members.
- To supervise daily shop floor operations and achieve production targets as specified on daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- To follow new projects as and when assigned for improvement and take responsibility for its successful execution after approval from Factory Manager and GM Operations.
- To manage effective communication by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, providing of formal and informal feedback on performance and training needs – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
- To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and in order to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies and standards.
- To ensure compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures across the department in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment. To maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources;
- To facilitate corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- To ensure shop floor compliance with hygiene and safety standards. To ensure day to day coordination among various functions for planning, procurement from other plants, production & dispatch planning as per customer requirements.
- To plan for Manpower as per shop-floor operations and job allocation for the people on less production days.
- To ensure key projects tracking on a continuous basis and submit periodical update to management.
- To handle, work priorities and allocating resources to meet the assigned shop floor time lines and goals.
- To enforce discipline, punctuality and safety as part of conduct among staff.
- To do periodic audit inspection and ensure housekeeping, safety, personnel hygiene and environmental compliance through implementation of EHS.
- To perform other related duties or assignment as and when assigned.
- A Degree holder from a Nigerian or Expatriate University with at least 10 years experience managing factory floor paint manufacturing processes.
- Must be innovative and be able to come up with creative ideas to enhance production.
- Must be ready to relocate and work in Lagos if not already resident in Lagos.
- Team handling experience of minimum 10 – 20 people.
- Please note that experience in a paint factory is a must.
Salary & Allowances & Perks
Attractive and negotiable, subject to expertise and experience.
Deadline: 16th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.