Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E) / CRM Officer (WASH)
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract duration: 2 Months
- Develop standardized monitoring and evaluation tools and ensure their mainstreaming within projects (GBV, WASH and another possible project).
- Always work with project team for accurate and reliable data collection including its storage, validation, analysis, and timely reporting.
- Support in the analysis of data process for assessments conducted.
- Develop and collate regular updates, reports.
- Lead in the overall documentation and improved learning process for the organization.
- Develop and regularly review M&E plans as necessary to ensure consistency and standard data collection and in accordance with project goals and objectives.
- Always provide updated information to program managers and country Director on progress, challenges on programmatic issues.
- Participate in program assessment.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Answer the record the complaints/feedback applying the template/s prepared for the purpose.
- Regularly update herself/himself with NCA projects to understand the areas of thematic and geographic areas of operation.
- Understand well and brief staff and others on NCA Nigeria Community Complain Mechanisms.
- Regularly update herself/himself with the new policies and procedures of ACT Alliance particularly in relation to accountability.
- Respond to those like information requests or answer questions if it is within her/his mandate specified in the NCA Nigeria Community Complain Mechanism document.
- Summarize the information and report to the concerned body as stated in the Community Complain Mechanism document.
- Whenever needed and got approval from her/his supervisor, share relevant information that can be used in the new projects’ designs.
- Whenever needed, clarify the questions reported to the Complain/Feedback Analysis Committee
- Make preliminary analysis and share the summary to the respective sector concerned staff (following the Community Complain Mechanism)
- Participate in lesson sharing meetings/bazars/workshops and
- Systematically and securely document the reports
- Report any technical problems to her/his supervisor on time and follow up its maintenance.
- Design a strategy and regularly check whether all the target communities have access to the Complaint service.
- Help team members to identify their needs in capacity building on M&E/CRM.
- Ensure the field team and volunteers acts in line with NCA internal policies, more specifically CoC.
- Participate on relevant evaluations and needs assessments.
- Understand and use the M&E Framework to collect relevant information on project implementation.
- Ensure regular data collection and transfer supporting documentation about implemented activities and results to the Senior [Program] Officer.
- Submit progress reports on a weekly.
- Contribute to timely and quality monthly reports.
- Communicate actively with beneficiaries, support field level CRM.
- Understand and follow NCA internal procedures (e.g., HR, procurement, finance and security);
- Respect the Security Protocols.
- Where applicable: regularly update the Security Department on the security situation in the respective deep-field location and contribute actively to NCA’s “duty of care”.
- Monitor gaps and humanitarian needs of targeted population and update the Supervisor regularly.
- If requested, contribute to preparation and designing of project proposal for different donors in line with the management’s strategy.
- Ensure NCA’s representation and visibility in relevant deep-field location coordination structures.
- Ensure NCA’s role as an active humanitarian actor.
- Undertake any other task related to the WASH as necessary
- Cross Cutting Issues (Gender, Protection, Environment & Other).
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies.
- Facilitates emergency and non-emergency security expenditures.
- Actively promotes PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within NCA and amongst beneficiaries served by NCA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and any other related social sciences discipline.
- At least 3 years in a similar post with NGO
- Language skills: fluent verbal/written English and local language.
Experience & Technical Skills:
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Adherance to NCA Principles
- Excellent stress managementAbility to manage conflict and reach and build consensus.
- Willingness to live and work in difficult and rapidly changing conditions.
- Constructive and pro-active communication with a wide variety of actors and stakeholders.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Deadline: 31st December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV in a single Microsoft Word document to “The Human Resources, Norwegian Church Aid” via: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Applications not following the given format will not be considered.
- Note that background checks will be conducted thorough the HR offices of your current and previous employers
- Your three PROFESSIONAL referees MUST be your current or previous line managers and MUST be official emails.
- Qualified Borno State indigenes are encouraged to apply.
- Position opens to both female and male candidates.
- Nigeria Nationals only.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.