Precious Palm Royal Hotel is a sensational resort strategically located in a serene and cosy and Transport, Headquarters, Lagos – Benin Expressway, Isiohor, Ugbowo environment; and shares a common boundary with the Nigerian Army School of Supply, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria, Lagos-Benin Expressway, Ugowo-Isihor axis, Benin City, Edo, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Night Duty Manager
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Night Manager will represent the Management during the night.
- The Night Manager also assists the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operation and planning in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
- The Night Manager provides leadership and support to all members of all departments and enforces the Hotel Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Direct and oversee all hotel operations during the night shift to ensure guest satisfaction and safety.
- Conduct Briefing for all staff during Night Shift.
- Inform all Overnight staff of nightly activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests.
- Check accommodations, make sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Maintain a professional and high-quality service-oriented environment at all times.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel especially for the Front Office Manager dealing with complaints, problem-solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Manage the night shift in the department ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
- Required to welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensure that the public areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the daily night audit in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross-departmental communication.
- Take charge of overseeing the hotel as a General Manager at night. Be aware of everything that happens at night.
- Supervise the staff in their various departments and assigns responsibilities as the need arises.
- Ensure reconciliation of room vacancies with occupancies.
- Check-in and check-out guests as the need arise.
- Monitor room reservations and ensure strict compliance.
- Handle late-night maintenance issues as a priority.
- Ensure the environment is in good working condition for the next day’s business.
- Ensure cleaning and arrangement of the reception, halls and swimming pool and other areas as the need arises.
- Get daily day information from various departmental managers to work with during the night shift and do proper handover every morning to the various managers.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you by management.
- Interested candidates should possess an HND / BSc Degree qualification
- A minimum of 5 years work experience.
Deadline: 20th December, 2021.