Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to support daily implementation of AECID/SPNO funded Education project, Plan international Nigeria
Dimensions of the Role
- The post holder will directly implement the project and also document lessons learnt, support assessments and monitoring and evaluation of the Education in Emergencies components of Plan International’s emergency response.
- He/she is responsible for assessment, response analysis, design, capacity building.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the capacity building of Plan Internationals implementing partners.
In collaboration with the Project Coordinator:
- Support in documenting lessons learnt and best practices of the project
- With support from M&E team design a Monitoring plan and simple data collection tools to ensure monitoring and data collection of key project indicators.
- Facilitation of youth economic empowerment through skill acquisition in vocational training centres and Master Trainers on basic Income Generation Activities.
- Support Cash and Voucher assistance to vulnerable beneficiaries and supervise distribution process following humanitarian principles.
- Facilitation the organization of women into an advocacy group that can voice out their concerns to gatekeepers.
- Application of United Nations resolution on peace and security in guiding women forum.
- Work with women groups and partners on gender-based violence awareness creation and follow-up survivors for appropriate referral.
- Ensure inclusion gender transformative in project programming.
- Support in designing appropriate education interventions based on the outcomes of assessments and the context. Inclusion of quality issues in education and learning outcomes is really important.
- Will work closely with the National partners in the execution of the Formal, non-formal (ABEP) education component of the project and ensure enrolment of out of school children.
- Will be responsible for the formation, strengthening and training of the Community structures (SBMCs, PMCs, CBCPCs) etc.
- Ensure success of inclusive educational approach with children and young people living with disabilities enrol in education centres.
- Facilitate training for teachers, community mobilizers on pedagogical practice including classroom management and accelerated basic education curriculum.
- In collaboration with national and international Education actors, map current institutional response capacities – including conducting an education-specific 5Ws.
- Ensure Plan international guidelines, UN education cluster standards and INEE Minimum Standards, are considered and any departures documented.
- Represent Plan International to clusters, governmental and non-governmental groups as needed and agreed with the Team Leader.
- Support the implementation of, and represent Plan International in, emergency education coordination mechanisms including any relevant cluster.
- Brief updates and reports on sectoral activities/strategies to donors and other stakeholders.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Project Coordinator
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University Degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies with mainstreaming of livelihood and GBV.
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related areas.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Ability to read and write in both English and others languages appropriately in Northeast Nigeria.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
Deadline: 10th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online