Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Management Officer
Location: Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate will contribute to business development and execution of branch sales plans to achieve desirable profitability, foster a productive, value-producing relationship between the bank and customers and support the Business Development Managers to grow a portfolio of profitable customers in pursuit of specific sales, service, growth, and opportunity targets.
- Execute branch sales strategy reflective of the local market conditions to ensure that sales targets are met. This includes having product knowledge, cross-selling and keeping up to date with changes and developments in the local market/area to drive optimal achievement sales opportunities.
- Conducts daily meetings with the sales team (RMO and MA) and carry out reviews on the previous day and jointly plan for the week ahead.
- Manages and maintains current business relationships and seek new accounts through sales
- Engage in business development activities and solicitation of new business; be actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services.
- Ability to identify an acceptable level of lending risk, in line with the bank’s risk appetite statement, and to maximise profit from that transaction.
- Comply with the Bank’s complaint resolution process to resolve the matter, maintain our high service standards and mitigate further risks/losses.
- Minimize risks through adherence to KYC compliance as per the bank policies and procedures in all your operations to minimize losses due to fraud.
- Discuss loan terms and conditions, and conduct collateral risk analysis to ensure compliance with the bank’s policies and procedures
- Extract and analyse financial statements, cash flow forecasts and other complex financial reports, providing an accurate assessment
- Perform prequalification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Analyze financial statements of new customers and evaluate all loan documents.
- Contributes to the growth of deposits, loans and overdrafts to increase the profitability of the branch.
- Delivers and maintains customer service standards at all times, for improved service delivery.
- People management:
- Collaborate with peers in the branch to ensure effective support and service delivery.
- Contribute to developing a positive and proactive Safety and Well-being culture including meeting all safety and wellbeing compliance requirements.
- Role model and live the Bank’s Values while adhering to all corporate HR policies.
- B.Sc in Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Digital Marketing or any other related field.
- 2 – 8 years of work experience in Commercial Business at any reputable bank or financial institution.
Deadline: 10th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online