Eclat Human Resources Consulting Limited is a progressive Human Resource Management Firm with its Headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. We are a team of professionals from various field of study who have come together to build ECLAT HUMAN RESOURCE CONSULTING serving clients across the nation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate – Corporate / Commercial
Employment Type: Full-time
Report To: Practice Manager
The ideal candidate will (but not limited to):
- The Senior Associate will take a leading role, alongside the Practice Manager, in determining the legal direction and strategy of the firm.
- He/she will oversee the Junior Associate’s legal representation of the firm’s clients in all corporate matters, and work with the Practice Manager in enabling ongoing standard improvements on documents, transaction management, review systems, approval processes etc.
- The Senior Associate will provide input on the development and implementation of legal compliance policies and procedures and in addition, develop appropriate relationships for the corporate department with other departments within the firm as well as externally.
- The Senior Associate will provide cross-functional leadership, with timely and practical legal advice to the firm’s clientele on all corporate transactions. This includes legal analyses and recommendations to address critical legal and policy issues to ensure that the legal and overall objectives of the firm are met.
- The Senior Associate is also responsible for keeping the department and the firm at large well-informed on new laws, regulations, emerging legal issues, and industry trends as well as assisting with the development of policies, content, and training.
- The Senior Associate will lead the junior Associates in developing and reviewing Agreements, Legal Opinions, Forms, Reports, Legislative Drafting, Gazettes, Correspondences, and other related documentation necessary for the handling and proper delivery on clients’ instructions, as well as interpreting a wide array of agreements as well as handling other drafting tasks.
- The Senior Associate will perform other duties incidental and necessary for the proper execution of his/her role or as assigned by the Practice Manager or Managing Partner.
Education and Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Possession of a Post Graduate qualification (i.e., LLM, MSC, MBA) is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years post call with cognate experience in corporate practice or corporate transactional consultations
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to juggle conflicting priorities.
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive and strong team-working ethos. Articulate and confident, able to summarize, and present arguments quickly and concisely.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be keen to innovate and be successful at formulating and implementing strategies and plans.
- Superb communication skills – both written and verbal and ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the firm.
- Committed to a process of continual improvement.
Deadline: 20th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.