The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Individual Consultant – Senior Project Management and Administrative Coordination Specialist
Reference Number: ECW / PC / ADM-PROC / 12-23 / SKB
Venue: ECOWAS Commission
- The objective of this consultancy is to utilize the services of an experienced project manager and administrative coordinator who shall generally be responsible to provide project management services in terms of contributing to the planning, execution and overall management activities of the projects so as to ensure the success of all subsequent projects for the construction of headquarters of ECOWAS Community Institutions. The consultant will also be expected to coordinate the projects by providing administrative services to broader project management teams, managing stakeholders including ECOWAS Member States, and ensuring that resulting deliverables (Headquarters Buildings) exemplify the expectations, values and cultures of the ECOWAS Community.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include the followings as shown below and the duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of one (1) year renewable annually.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultants:
- Within delegated authority and with the use of project management methodologies, manage and/or coordinate the management of all projects listed above as well as others authorized by the ECOWAS Commission.
- Personally coordinate or handle all non-technical aspects of all of the abovementioned projects.
- Plan, organize and contribute to the execution of all projects related meetings including but not limited to the Meetings of the Adhoc ECOWAS Ministerial Committee on the Construction of Headquarters of Community Institutions both at the Expert and Ministerial Levels.
- Contribute to or lead the planning, mobilization, deployment and management of resources for the projects.
- Work with Heads of ECOWAS National Offices to galvanize active engagements and support from ECOWAS Member States.
- Collect and define requirements, objectives and scopes in order to inform appropriate project planning.
- Ensure that the projects adhere to local and regional building regulations by seeking and acquiring appropriate approvals from authorities.
- Contribute to or lead on the preparation of comprehensive plans with related required resources, timeframes, budgets, and risks management mechanisms for multiple projects.
- Coordinate engagements with and manage expectations of stakeholders including ECOWAS Member States, ECOWAS Institutions and Agencies, Donors, Construction Contractors, Vendors, Project team members, ECOWAS Citizens, etc.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships amongst stakeholders.
- Develop and operationalize issues and risk management plans.
- Develop time management plans and use same to track, monitor, follow-up on activities and tasks as well as manage and report on related performances.
- Contribute to budgeting, procurement as well as financial management for projects.
- Ensure proper project document management.
- Liaise with project staff from the other Departments and the General Administration to coordinate activities and tasks from the side of the ECOWAS Commission.
- Prepare and provide periodic project briefings and status reports on projects.
- Develop and operationalize communication and information management strategies as well as action plans for the projects.
- Develop and execute quality management plans.
- Cultivate and manage a positive working relationship amongst all stakeholders.
- Ensure that resulting HQs exemplify relevant West African cultural elements and values.
- Act as a point of contact for all project management and administration related matters for the projects.
- Lead or participate in project close-out procedures for all projects, ensuring proper lessons learned and archived documentations.
- Develop and execute change management plans related to the inauguration and operationalization of completed projects.
- Perform all other duties related to the above mention projects and similar projects to come.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are as follow:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent Degree) in Project Management, Business Administration, Management, or related field is required.
- Strong experience engaging with ECOWAS Member States.
- Experience in project management.
- Computer skills related to project management and administration.
- Experience working directly with the ECOWAS Commission in its strategic planning, budgeting and program implementation activities.
- Experience working at higher levels within national government of ECOWAS Member States with involvement in managing national construction projects.
- Ability to prepare and interpret project plans with related budgets, flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Experience in strategic planning and visioning for an ECOWAS Member State and ECOWAS as a Community.
Specific Work Experience:
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience involving management or coordinating of national or ECOWAS regional programs or projects.
- A minimum of 10 years serving at a director level (minimum) in the government of an ECOWAS Member State with responsibility covering interaction, engagement and direct work relationship with ECOWAS experts, ministers, and Heads of State.
- Experience working on national projects involving large number of diverse national and international stakeholders.
- Proven work experience involving project management and administrative coordination of a large national construction project with responsibility coveringnproject management and administrative coordination.
- Candidates must speak and write fluently in one of the 3 official languages of ECOWAS and prove that s/he has successfully worked in an environment where the other two official languages of ECOWAS are also spoken. Must have excellent written, presentation and reporting skill.
Deadline: 31st January, 2022 11.00 am (GMT+1), Nigerian Time
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expressions of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) can be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of a Senior Project Management and Administrative Coordination Specialist”, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below:
The General Administration Directorate,
Public Procurement Division,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District,
P. M. B. 401,
Please note that electronic submissions are also accepted and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
- Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
- The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1.
- Email: email@example.com with a copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org