Visa Incorporated operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in over 200 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Risk Manager (West Africa, Sub Sahara Africa)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the direction of the respective Risk Services Lead for the geography, the role has responsibility for payment cards fraud prevention as well as creating / executing mitigation strategies for data security issues and broader payment system risk in the external Visa payment infrastructure, in one or more countries.
These responsibilities include:
- Manage client risk relationships, from high-level T1 client risk executive engagements to the more tactical day-to-day operational and compliance engagements.
- Provide meaningful contributions in the area of Risk during client business deals.
- Support the emerging product team in their go to market strategies, identifying new partners and work alongside them to bring them into the Visa payment system
- Support the sales efforts of BDs and Risk Products team to increase the penetration of risk solutions at key identified clients
- Lead and support regular client trainings through Webinars and various annual client events such as Risk Executive Councils, Security Summits and Card Security Weeks
- Position Visa as a Risk thought leader in the industry
- Support execution of acceptance or data security compliance programs
- Build relationships with industry stakeholders, government and law enforcement
- Assist the global investigations team in the collection of information and broader client engagement with regards to remediation post-breach.
- Identify and empower new ecommerce acquirers through knowledge sharing and education
- Facilitate the adoption of new technologies such as contactless, 3D Secure, mobile payments
- Together with Corporate Communications, manage and execute Visa’s risk communications strategy in the market
- At least 6-8 years risk management (fraud & credit risk) experience gained through consumer banking and card operations
- Exposure to and understanding of consumer banking compliance
- Relevant client facing role experience – client service, business development etc.
- Degree qualified. post-graduate qualifications preferred
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and related software
- Data analysis skills
- Data Security Certifications / knowledge or relevant technical skills are an advantage
- Consumer banking and card operations experience
- Understanding Visa operations, products and services
- Risk management expertise
- Team work
- Customer service experience
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Training skills.
- Work hours: 8 hours – Regular Office hours
- Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.