Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on-trade-dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Manager – Analysis
Ref No: JR1056163
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
- With revenues of over £12 billion, at Diageo, we’re proud to be the leading beverage alcohol company in every region of the world.
- But our collection of iconic, timeless brands – including Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker – relies on a dynamic and passionate finance team. Working with us is an opportunity to develop your skills, make a positive impact on our performance and protect an entrepreneurial legacy.
- As an FTSE 100 company with global scope and ambition, there’s a huge range of activity to get involved with – everything from investor relations to accountants, risk analysis, compliance and business development.
- There’s always a chance to make a real impact on interesting, diverse projects, and what’s more, our global reach creates opportunities to work in a number of countries and in some of the fastest-growing markets.
- At Diageo, character is everything. So if you share our sense of adventure, you’ll have the chance to learn a huge range of skills and disciplines and build an exceptional career with us.
About the Role
- The Treasury Analysis Manager will provide expert support in the management of treasury decision-making to ensure proper utilization of the Company’s liquid resources to maximize returns and eliminate exposure to financial risks.
- In doing this he/she will conduct routine analysis of the balance sheet to ensure the adequacy of working capital, review banking relationships, report on debt covenants, and ensure adherence to service level agreement, evaluate funding options and hedge instruments, support in the annual capital structure, debt review, and dividend payment, and perform cash and interest forecasts as required.
- To achieve the Group’s objectives, Diageo Africa is totally committed to excellent treasury management and promotion of best practices in all markets.
- Balance sheet analysis to review the adequacy of working capital.
- Evaluation of funding / investment options.
- Prepare short and long-term cash flow forecasts including periodic variance analysis.
- Comparison of projected interest income / expense against actual with commentaries on variances.
- Conduct periodic analysis on the health of service providers (banks, suppliers, and distributors).
- Evaluation of financial derivatives and other FX hedging products and deciding on most suitable risk management product.
- A graduate plus associate membership of a recognized professional Accounting body with relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience with proven integrity.
- Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the Organisation & People Agenda.
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
- Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills.
- Excellent coaching and relationship-building skills.
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Excel, word and powerpoint).
- Working knowledge in accounting package-SAP (All modules) including vision.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online