Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Manager – Dark Stores
Job type: Full time
- As Warehouse Manager for dark stores, the scope of your role will be to manage several dark stores within your assigned region.
- You will manage the Inbound, Inventory and Outbound department to ensure all KPIs and targets are achieved. Process standardization and optimization to improve the overall efficiency of the warehousing operations for Jumia Services.
Inbound Process & Team management:
- Compliance management in line with inbound volume projection and schedule
- Liaise with appropriate departments (commercial team, vendor management team, and finance department) on prioritization and reconciliation of items be inbounded.
- Ensure quality checks and enforce proper packaging guidelines on all items to be inbounded
Inventory Process & Team Management:
- Performance management – ensuring out of stock is within monthly target, regular cycle count is carried out and reported.
- Continuous storage capacity assessment and management.
- Improve picking efficiency by enforcing standardization of SKUs storage
- Ensure all items from inbound, order processing and aftersales are put away into location within defined SLAs.
- Organize quarterly cycle count with finance and external auditors.
- Organize offline sales for defective and defective damaged items
- Advise commercial team on aged and slow-moving SKUs to be discounted and sold online
Outbound Process & Team Management:
- Manage the outbound process including Pick, Sorting, Pack Ship of Jumia Express orders within SLA
- Capacity planning in line with weekly volume projection and schedule
- Responsible for managing the projection, utilization and storage of packaging materials
- Responsible for the management of daily order transactions and ensure smooth operations amongst related departments i.e. inbound, inventory, Order processing, Network, etc.
- Performance management includes benchmarking with other countries, appraisals and team coaching.
- Continuously find innovative ways to reduce cost across all warehouse operations
- Reduction of loss due to theft and damaged items
- Improve efficient usage of work tools and materials handling
Team & Process Management:
- Capacity planning, team allocation, and monitoring of tasks and duties.
- Performance management including appraisals and team coaching
- Regular 5S audits/spot checks to ensure the quality of process and provide clear and visible feedback on findings.
- Continuous process improvement be driven by suggestions on systems improvements.
- Escalate issues to senior management within an appropriate time frame and provide head of fulfillment with the end of day/shift handover information
Requirements and Qualification
- Bachelors. Degree (Business Administration, Logistics- supply chain, Economics, Engineering)
- Advanced Excel to create macros, pivot tables, vlookups, analytical capabilities and workbooks.
- Relevant professional certification in Logistics or supply chain management will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years FMCG, or warehouse management experience
- Ability to negotiate and communicate in flawless English, French, and/or Arabic (depending on base location)
- Demonstrated competency in data reporting and analysis.
- Experience or high level of comfort in logistics operations
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online