Teclab Management Services – Our client is an association of barge operators in Nigeria managing the operations and activities of logistics entities on the waterways. BOAN was formed in 2019 and has since partnered with regulating bodies in Nigeria to ensure safety and protection on the Nigerian waterways.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
- Responsible for the process of internal and external customers’ payment
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoices, items or prices.
- Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to the vendor
- Daily capturing and disbursement of petty cash
- Assist with the month-end closing reports and reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all
- amounts paid are accurate
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Scheduling of tax payments
- Liaise with LSIR / FIRS on tax issues and other statutory remittances.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintenance of inventory and fixed asset register
- Support the company in optimizing our financial transactions and systems
- Strengthen and grow relationships with vendors and suppliers through timely payment
- Assist in streamlining and improving the accounts payable process
- Exercise integrity and confidentiality in financial reporting
- Maintain vendors’ files
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements.
Academic Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- 2 – 3 years post NYSC core experience as an account officer.
- Must be ICAN certified.
- Knowledge working with an association is plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft, excel is mandatory.
- Experience with accounting software and online platform.
- Appreciable knowledge of Power BI is an added advantage.
- Superb time management skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to keep company and partner confidentiality.
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Must be tech-savvy, trustworthy and transparent.
Deadline: 1st February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online