The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Psychiatry and Mental Health Services
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Line Manager: Project Manager
- The Psychiatrics and Mental Health Consultant will support mental health clinic in Ogoja for consultation and management of mental health client from Refugees and host communities including to identify and diagnose psychological, emotional and behavioral issues in Refugees and Host communities, develops and implements treatment plans for cases.
- Provide psychological assessment and consultation services for PoCs and Host communities
- Diagnose psychological, emotional or behavioral disorders of patients and develop treatment plan
- Provide therapy to groups and individuals
- Develop and implement individual treatment plan for different age groups (children inclusive)
- Support the project to identify innovative tactics and corresponding sustainable operations to promotemental health services among the Refugees and host communities.
- Work with multidisciplinary team alongside Doctors, Clinical psychologists, nurses and social workers to support mental health services
- Facilitate diverse group therapeutic sessions, counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behavior.
- Guide clients in the development of their skills or strategies for dealing with their problems
- Refer patients, clients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Support the team to plan, organize or lead structured programs of counselling, work, study, recreation or social activities for PoCs in the settlements.
- Support the team to plan or conduct programs to prevent substance abuse or improve community health or counselling services
Requirements and Experience
- A Consultant Psychiatrist from a reputable Higher Institution.
- At least 5 years experience of clinical experience in management of mental health and psychiatric clients in Nigeria
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to uphold strict confidentiality
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
- Psychological/developmental evaluation skills
- Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
Deadline: 14th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (as a single document) to: email@example.com
- Pay close attention to job description requirements as applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- State the Position applied for / Location / Name as the subject of the email.
- Applicants who fail to comply with the application instructions above will not be considered.