Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 20th 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its programme principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Location: Mafa LGAs – Borno, Tarmuwa & Fune LGAs – Yobe
Number of Opening: 1
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
The Finance and Administrative Officer will be specifically responsible for:
- Administration – The sub-office Maintenance and other Logistics support including fleet management and clearing of goods at points of entry, office buildings and residences maintenance; ensuring that all office assets are well maintained and functional; review and analyze some reports generated within the Administrative Department (monthly fuel consumption reports, maintenance reports, Office accommodation Report, etc.) and make informed recommendations to the Head of Office for improvement; Develop relevant tools to research any elements of the Administrative Departments functions and make recommendations to management for improvement.
- Finance – The daily financial operations (accounting, financial management, budget monitoring, reporting, and accounting package, familiarize himself/herself on Insight applications of the office (QuickBooks) and ensure that the financial accounting environment follows AHSF policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations & National/State requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- The Finance and Administrative Officer will provide direct supervision to the admin support assistant and will keep the Head of Office briefed on the status of all ongoing activities under his/her purview. The Finance and Administrative Officer will also be available to represent, support and consult on issues being handled by the Head of Office.
Finance / Accounting:
- Ensure that the financial accounting environment in the Office follows AHSF policies and procedures, donor regulations and local legal requirements.
- Work with the Accounts Payable Specialist to ensure the disbursement Requests are in line with the authorization matrix and process them at appropriate level.
- Assist with the review liquidation requests submitted by partners and ensure the liquidation documentation is in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with AHSF and donor requirements.
- Keep informed about local fiscal and other financial laws related to taxes and exemptions; inform the Head of Office and NE Finance Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure that the financial accounting environment in the Local Office follows AHSF policies and procedures, donor regulations and local legal requirements.
- Prepare Disbursement Requests for next level authority approvals and process them at appropriate level.
- Keep informed about local fiscal and other financial laws related to taxes and exemptions; inform the Head of Office and North East Finance Manager as appropriate.
- Prepare request and send request for Operation staff and for the sub-office for approval
- Develop standards on the efficient use of office equipment including office and telecommunication equipment and overseeing the maintenance contracts for this equipment.
- Provide guidance on the use and maintenance of office equipment (generators, photocopiers etc.) to maximize use and functionality.
- Will make recommendations to the head of admin on items to be disposed of and prepare list of items for auctioning when directed.
He/She will work with the Warehouse officer/assistant to:
- Maintain and update the office’s equipment inventory register. Physically mark all items. Add or delete items as required according to the AHSF/Nigeria and the Agency’s Inventory Policy after due consultation with the Operations Manager
- Send an updated Inventory report on assets over $5000 to Head of Office every quarter
- Responsible for receiving procured items in collaboration with the Administrative and HR Assistant.
- Will be responsible for the items in the administration store and maintain an up-to-date list of all items.
Office Administration and Management:
- Facilitate effective Coordination, understanding and cooperation between the Operations department and Program Department
- Develop strategies to ensure efficient application of agency resources, minimize wastage and achieve highest standards of stewardship
- Directly supervise the building maintenance and repair for the office and residences
- Provide supervision on couriers to ensure that items documentation (for sent and received items) is carried out properly.
- Responsible for conducting due diligence process for vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any Management related course.
- Master’s Degree in relevant fields; Accounting, any Management course will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant administrative management experience, preferably with an international/national NGO.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will be based in Borno (Mafa LGAs), Yobe (Tarmuwa & Fune LGAs) States.
- Prior experience in supervising staff in a structured work environment
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices.
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be committed to Action the ’s mission, values, and policies.
Application Closing Date
10th January 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.