Human Capital Partners (HCP) – Our client, a foremost law firm, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversee the Preparation, reporting, filing and management of all financial statements.
- Oversee the accounting, filing and payment of all statutory liabilities accurately and within the stipulated timelines.
- Ensure effective cost control and cost management processes are implemented, tracked and reported.
- Prepare and deliver the budget and financial plans on time and manage expenditure within the approved limits.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to identify and implement approved cost reduction opportunities.
- Manage cash flow and debtor days within approved limits.
- Oversee the fee note generation and fee collection process ensuring prompt issuance of fee notes and prompt escalation of receivables to the partner in charge.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are accurately recorded, filed and reported.
- Ensure that all reconciliation are completed on a timely basis and that differences are investigated and resolved promptly for month end and year-end reporting purposes.
- Create and generate timely month end and annual reports to communicate the financial performance, trends and forecasts.
- Supervise the finance department staff, including accountants and financial assistants, and motivate for excellence by clarifying roles and providing constructive feedback.
- Lead the requirement gathering, implementation of and migration to a new accounting system.
- Ensure financial processes and controls operate effectively and efficiently on a day-to-day basis, and develop and implement a review of existing processes and controls to identify improvements for immediate implementation.
- Assist the Management Board in developing and implementing a risk management process.
- Manage the identification and mitigation of risk within the finance department.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for and correct discrepancies.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection, data entry and calculations.
- Present reports to partners, stakeholders and board members.
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Twelve (12) years proven experience in Finance Management.
- Relevant Professional Certification such as ACA, ACCA, ICAN is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, Leadership and People Management Skills.
- High Level of Integrity and Confidentiality.
- Demonstrable knowledge of audit, accounting principles, accounting software use and implementation.
- Compliance and risk management oriented
Deadline: 10th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the email.