Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Innovation Project Manager
Ref No: JR1058166
Job Type: Full Time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The person in role must demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, project management and inter-personal skills. An outstanding Team player and have a flair for inspiring cross-functional teams behind an agreed set of goals and launch KPIs to deliver against the Innovation “Gate Process” Business targets. The role will require:
- Interpersonal and Management skills both within project teams, with global teams and with external regulatory bodies in conjunction with internal Corporate & regulatory Affairs teams.
- Strong appreciation and understanding of consumer, customer and commercial parameters, trends, and principles to apply insights to launch plans for executing successful innovations.
- Product Innovation: Coordinate the execution of Concepts, Design & Communications for all new brand launches, as well as brand extensions on existing brands. Spearhead the GATE process, by rigorously tracking and managing all deliverables to ensure OTIFNE for all innovation Projects
- Project management: Leading the execution and implementation of multi-innovation projects at once, you will be a Champion of embedding Project Management principles & an advocate for the use of tools that support the delivery of Projects on time and successful
- World-Class Execution Launches: Collaborate with in-market and above market Supply brand change managers and Commercialisation Managers to execute and commercialize the product innovation. Will be accountable for upholding the execution standards and goals for launches, executing full consumer & commercial launches flawlessly, to time & to budget. This will include new brand launches as well as rolling out proven innovations from other markets.
- Influencing & Inspiring. It is critical that you can effectively influence & inspire the cross-functional project team to deliver on the Innovation Project Gate and Business objectives and timelines. This means a rigorous approach to management and follow-up of all cross functional team deliverables and owning the Project Critical Path timeline.
- Performance management: Full ownership of Project administration, execution and monitoring to deliver on all agreed targets and Performance ambition for all Innovations and renovation projects. Be Proactive in identifying “bottlenecks” and “show-stoppers” for timely resolution,
- Key Relationships: GN Executive team, Project Gate Keepers, Marketing team, Technical and Brand change team, Finance team, Consumer research team, Sales and Commercial team, Procurement team, Corporate Affairs team, Supply chain team, Quality and Brand assurance team, 3rd party agencies and regulatory agencies.
- Qualifications: Educated to Graduate level in a related field.
- You have 5+ years of marketing, innovation or commercial experience & have a proven track record of amazing results.
- You will demonstrate meticulous project management, strong commercial judgement & good appreciation of consumer marketing to ensure delivery of plans.
- You will have strong entrepreneurial flair to both identify new opportunities & navigate your project challenges through the complex business landscape.
- A strong communicator (verbal and written), ability to form good networks and working relationships within and outside the business
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrates a track record of multi-tasking and prioritising for business impact
- You demonstrate attention to detail, dedication, and passion for excellence, with a structured approach to problem-solving
- Ability to motivate and rally cross functional team members and 3rd party agencies.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply