UPDC is an institutional property company, founded in 1997, and listed on the NSE in 1998. UPDC has a solid track record in the acquisition, development, sale and management of a diverse mix of commercial, residential, hospitality and retail assets across Nigeria.
Our history is interwoven with the phenomenal growth of the Nigerian real estate sector. We are integral partners in the success of Nigeria, as we have contributed through our robust properties portfolio: to building world-class developments that have helped to shape the market whilst creating templates for other property development companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- The Investment Associate will provide financial planning and analysis for the Company to determine the best use of resources to achieve business objectives and inform commercial decisions.
- The Manager will be expected to produce regular reports using financial data and work collaboratively across various business units to analyse business performance and strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyse financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends.
- Develop financial models to support new developments, investments, business planning, and forecasting decisions, and create recommendations to be presented to management and executives.
- Drive the implementation of new funding projects, including coordinating the selection and activities of advisers and other stakeholders
- Prepare monthly financial performance reports for regular leadership reviews and Board meetings. This includes analysis of past results, variance analysis, identifying trends, and making recommendations for improvements.
- Consult with the management team to develop long-term commercial plans and develop initiatives and policies to improve financial growth.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Aid in the corporate and project capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes.
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data.
- Analyse existing product and service lines and conduct comparable market research to support internal financial analysis to improve overall profitability of the business.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards;
- All other duties as may be required by the CEO or CFO to improve the financial performance of the business.
- Master’s Degree preferred, or BA, BSc, or B.Com degree required (in Accounting / Finance / Economics / Statistics)
- 3 – 5+ years of corporate finance or other relevant experience
- CFA certification will be an added advantage
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively heavy role
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel / High proficiency in financial modelling techniques.
Personality and Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Strong financial modelling experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Investment Associate” as the subject of the email.