The Kwara State Polytechnic came into existence following the promulgation of Kwara State Edict No.4 of 1972 (now overtaken by the edict no.21 of 1984, edict no.13 of 1987, edict no.7 of 1994 and Law CAPSI2 no 4 of 2006), as the body empowered by statute “to provide for studies, training, research and development of techniques in arts and Languages, applied sciences, engineering, management and commerce, education and as well as in other spheres of learning.
The Polytechnic formally commenced operation in January 1973 with an administrative machinery patterned closely after the existing universities in the country. The Polytechnic has as its Motto: Technology, Innovation and Service.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Librarian
Location: Ilorin, Kwara.
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic.
- He/She is responsible for framing overall library policy, personal contact and liaison with the departments within the institution.
- He/She engages in matters of common interest and preparation of library budgets.
- The Polytechnic Librarian is also responsible for the smooth running of libraries on the two campuses of the Polytechnic e.g attending institute meetings as a member of N.L.A Librarian Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants for the post of Polytechnic Librarian must be at least a serving Chief Librarian or its equivalent in a reputable tertiary educational institution or similar organization.
- He must have a good Honours Degree in Library Science and Master’s Degree in Library Science / Library and Information Science from a recognized University.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree in Library Science Library and Information Science will be an added advantage.
- He/She must have at least 15 years cognate experience or B.LS. with 17 years post qualification experience.
- Candidates must have a good number of scholarly publications in peer-reviewed journals in line with the appointment of Principal Lecturers.
- Candidates must be proficient in Information Technology, in particular, Library Management Software (LMS) and automation.
- He/She must possess excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication, organizational and planning skills.
- He/She must be registered with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Formulating and executing Library policies;
- Liaising with other departments on books and journals selection;
- Preparation of the Library budget;
- Attendance at all statutory meetings in the Polytechnic;
- Responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the libraries of the institution;
- Any other assignment that may be assigned by the Rector.
- Successful candidates must not be older than 60 years at the point of appointment and must also have at least five (5) more years in service.
- CONTOPSAL Salary Structure.
Deadline: 4th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) copies of their type-written application letters and Curriculum Vitae, giving the following information:
- Full names (Surname underlined)
- Age, stating date and place of birth
- Marital Status stating the number of children and ages
- Name and address of Next of Kin
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area / Senatorial District
- GSM / Email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications and distinctions
- Member of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience (in chronological sequence)
- Present employment status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Publications (in standard form)
- Names and address of three (3) referees
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the post of Librarian” at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
Kwara State Polytechnic, Old Jebba Road,
P.M. B. 1375, Ilorin,
- Only the applications of candidates shortlisted for interviews will be acknowledged.
- Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the address above.