The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Job Identification: 4489
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Category: Logistics
Reports to: Head of Support
Supervision of: CO Logistics Team
Travel: 25 %
Project number: NGFX0000
Duration and type of contract: 12 months -renewable
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the Logistic Manager is to be responsible that the logistic set-up is according to NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation.
- Ensure that country set up comply with Logistical Handbook, NRC policies and donor requirements
- Implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities
- Management of the logistics team
- Ensure anti-corruption focus in procedures and training
- Establish filing systems/archives according to NRC standards in all offices
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Design and implement standard operating procedures for logistics management
- Manage logistics team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed,
- Ensure the recruitment, training, and capacity building of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities to staff.
- Develop an action plan to address any compliance concern on procurement and logistics
- Develop monitoring tools for the implementation of NRC Nigeria’s logistics systems and procedures.
- Prepare monthly performance reports on logistics to support the Country management group in making informed decisions
- Provide support on the anti-corruption focus and value for money in the programmes
- Lead on the contract management (eg. ensure that necessary Framework Agreements are in place);
- Provide strategic and technical support to the programme on the e-voucher system.
- Ensure the vendor database is continuously updated
- Maintain the clear segregation of roles and responsibilities within the Logistics team
- Participate in the country strategy development by providing practical solutions to the Country Management group and Area Management Team
- Participate in the development of new intervention plans as part of project proposals by overviewing the logistics requirements
- Ensure the Country Programme has the capacity to manage effectively the core logistics as well as to respond effectively to emergencies
- Provide support on logistical aspects of the Country Programme emergency preparedness plan
- Lead on Logistics and compliance training to all staff and specific training to senior managers on the processes, procedures and tools
- Contextualize the Logistics Handbook, inform the required staff on updates, develop relevant SOPs and roll them out
- Support on ICT needs assessment, ICT strategy and roll-out of relevant SOPs
- Ensure close coordination and support the Security Department to ensure programmes are delivered in a safe manner as stipulated in all security SOPs
- Support in the establishment and monitoring of the filing system, Supporting Document Management and archives for the NRC Nigeria country programme.
- Submit monthly Logistic Key Performance Indicator reports for review of Regional Office
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Security Department: Duty of care standards, MORSS during NRC rental negotiation; security clearance process before any movement
- Core Competency Programme Managers: Procurement processes (BOQ, BID PRS approval, asset and stock management and programme items delivery and negotiations with suppliers)
- Area Manager: Proposal development, Project overview, Grant meetings etc.:
- Finance Manager: Logistic Budget management, PRs approval process, Coordination within supports functions etc.
- Regional Logistics Adviser: Technical support and compliance
- HR Manager: Recruitment, training and capacity building of logistics staff; Ensuring a functional team structure and good quality JDs for logistics staff
Scale and Scope of the Position
- 1 Logistic Assistant (Abuja), 1 Logistic Coordinator, 1 log Officer-MDG, Assets Assistant and Mechanic
- WFP / UNHAS, Logistics Forum and Working Group Maiduguri UN agencies, INGOs, governmental bodies.
- Agresso Procurement Car web (Fleet Insurance) Terramar Fleet Tracking and Management Supporting Document (procurement)
Legal or compliance:
- Donor regulations on procurement Legal framework for contracts (Service/ Works / Leases).
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience from working as a senior Logistics Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria and West Africa is an added value
- Knowledge of Donor regulations
- Experience with Logistic procedures within INGOs
- Capacity to work in a multicultural context
Behavioural competencies (max 6):
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual.
The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework.
Deadline: 31st January, 2022 by 14:21.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online