Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 20th 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its programme principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Locations: Mafa LGAs – Borno, Tarmuwa & Fune LGAs – Yobe
Number of Openings: 2
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- The Procurement and Logistics Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
- Administer AHSF procurement policy and procedures in accordance with donor guidelines and requirements. S/He will implement and maintain procurement and fleet management policies, systems, and procedures.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement procurement processes and logistics operations for the project, including grants, strictly following all rules and regulations as well as all stipulations established by Nigerian law.
- Review and recommend changes to procurement policies and procedures as required.
- Maintain policies for procurement processes.
- Manage/maintain a registry and file system for procurements to allow for efficient document and process audits.
- Maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors.
- Maintain procurement files, including proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts, and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law.
- Provide training on procurement and delivery of goods and services to program team, grantees, and beneficiaries as it pertains to established protocols by the project and local law.
- Manage account status for all credit accounts established with vendors.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the context and or/needs of the beneficiary, community and/or project.
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team. Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality, maintain professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards.
- Ensure competitive procurements by attracting potential vendors for the purchase of goods or services either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanisms that ensure high standards of transparency.
- Designate or participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Verify quality and quantity of products according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or project.
- Process procurements according to respective rules and regulations.
- Maintain strict control of grant budgets, and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including delivery receipts.
- Management of fleet and logistics related contracts for quality of services offered by outsourced fleet service provider.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation or related expenses under grants.
- Prepare budgets, solicit quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliverables are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Procurement and Management or related field.
- Master’s Degree in relevant fields; Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or any related will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience, preferably with an international/national NGO.
- The Procurement/Logistics Officer will be based in Borno (Mafa LGAs), Yobe (Tarmuwa & Fune LGAs) States.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Prior donor experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be committed to Action the CDHI’s mission, values, and policiesm.
Application Closing Date
10th January 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.