Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Hybrid)
Job Title: Full-time
About the Job
- The Network Specialist is responsible for evaluating various requirements which feeds into design recommendation, project planning, and installation of data networks in consultation with end-users.
- The role holder is expected to make recommendations for network maintenance and enhancement with the aim of ensuring uptime of all systems in line with any SLAs.
- Consult with user and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analyses, plan projects and coordinate tasks for installation of data networks.
- Analyse and resolve technical problems for established networks.
- Plan, test recommend, and implement network file server mainframe and workstation hardware and software.
- Provide network documentation, training and guidance to computing system clients and programmers.
- Serve as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network production problems.
- Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with the current system.
- Recommend network solutions for short, medium, and long-range network projects.
- Install, configure and maintain network components.
- Determine plan layout for new hardware or modification to the existing layout.
- Install, upgrade and configure network printing directory structures, users access security, software and file services.
- Establish user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Document Network problems and resolution for future references.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Oversee the installation of hardware and software.
- Provide on the job training to new department staff members.
- Provide computer orientation to new company staff.
- Ensure the network is scalable and supports all network services such as data, voice and video.
- Provide support for Network Infrastructure at each NAP location and the web hosting centers.
- Provide a secure network infrastructure for internal users and users that are out of the office.
- Ensure the security of wired and wireless network services.
- Ensure uptime of all systems in line with any SLAs (annual target of 99.9%).
- Define and deliver new network technologies in line with business requirements.
- Provide core security, configuration and uptime of hosting Firewalls and associated devices.
- Consult in the definition of strategic technology direction relating to corporate infrastructure.
- Ensure assigned service desk tasks and support issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure sufficient monitoring and alerting is in place for all network devices.
- Keeping network device assets and change management up to date at all times.
- Standardisation and consolidation of all related services.
Network Maintenance and Enhancement:
- Ensure the availability and stability of all Network and Communication Systems including Internet, WAN, and LAN services and Telephony services. This requires regular routine maintenance, particularly where this may impact security or availability.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- CCIE certified ideally, minimum CCNP.
- VoIP (SIP, QoS).
- Firewalls (ASA, IPS/IDS, ACLs).
- Cisco Switching and Routing (OSPF, Trunking, VLANs, Subnetting).
- Internet Access and Availability.
- System Logging (Syslog).
- WAN redundancy, performance, and scalability (Load balancing, routing).
- LAN redundancy, performance, and scalability (Cisco 6500, 3750, 2960, 3900, 2900).
- Network Monitoring and Alerting (Netflow, ACS).
- 24x7x365 Authentication and Security Management Protection (Zero Breach).
- Network Infrastructure Redundancy, Performance, and Scalability.
- Keeping all documentation and diagrams up to date and accurate.
- Performing all daily checks consistently and resolving issues.
- Support of wireless infrastructure (Cisco WLC).
- Load balancing (Radware).
Experience and Qualifications
- HND / B.Sc Degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, Mathematics or Physics will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 5+ years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Network Analyst; experience in financial services organisation preferred.
- Network Administration Certification is preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified canddiates should:
Click here to apply online