Baobab is a leader in financial inclusion in Africa. Baobab offers its services mainly to individuals, micro and small businesses in Africa and China. Our mission is to unlock the potential of our clients by providing them with easy-to-use and straightforward financial services. Founded in 2005 under the name Microcred, Baobab today has more than 500,000 active customers and 3,800 employees in Madagascar, Senegal, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Mali, Tunisia, Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso Faso, the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protocol Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Expansion, and Admin Manager
Functional Link: Human Resource
- The position holder is responsible for managing routine administrative and support services for the smooth running of the office.
- The role holder will provide excellent logistics and protocol services for the bank and ensure that resources are efficiently optimized and administrative operational costs are reduced.
They include but are not limited the following:
- Assist in processing visas for employees
- Facilitate residence permits for our expatriates
- Travel insurance
- Implement and manage an effective system for transport and logistics.
- Ensure efficient use of drivers and pool vehicles. Responsible for arranging
- Airport pick-ups, processing of vehicle papers, toll gate, overtime, and per diem.
- Keeping and updating required records and reports.
- Suggest new vendors while managing existing relationships with service providers; ensure uninterrupted services delivery and value for money (e.g. Courier agencies; Car service and rental stations, etc).
- Responsible for the supervision of drivers and any other staff that may be assigned the unit.
- Develop and implement proposals for service improvement. Track car mileage and monitoring costs (keep vehicle maintenance log).
- Provide periodic budget spending reports and other reports on request.
- Responsible for ensuring all the school’s vehicles are in good working condition.
- Monitor the activities of the mailing unit to ensure full compliance with procedures and processes.
- Provide liaison for processing of visas and travel documents for staff on officialtrips.
- Responsible for the processing of flight tickets in line with policy.
- Responsible for processing payments and follow-up with Accounts on all payments.
- Any other relevant duty that will be assigned by the line manager from time to time.
- Minimum of a University Degree in Logistics or its equivalent in any related field
- Professional certification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Experience: 3 – 5 years administrative / logistics experience in managing service providers and travel desks will be an advantage Competencies
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizing and planning skills
- Team leadership
- Flexibility work schedule
- Proficiency in the use of computer
- Knowledge of business process review
- Customer services skills
- Negotiation skills.
Deadline: 28th January, 2022.