Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Projects & Service Buyer
Requisition ID: 007HC9
Employment Type: Full Time
- To manage, develop and administer Supply Chain activities within the West Africa & Sub Sahara region. This role encompasses responsibility for Project Resale materials and inter-company purchases.
- To provide procurement expertise and leadership, contribute to development of strategy and policy, drive continuous improvement, and sustained high performance.
- To adapt purchasing strategies through effective vendor relationship management, contract & project management, as well as maintaining positive business relationships with both internal and external customers.
Your Role (Magic happens when You bring Great people Together)
- Issue Requests for Quotation (RFQ’s) as necessary.
- Perform bid analysis and make recommendations.
- Negotiate supplier agreements and contracts including commercial and contractual terms.
- Mitigate risk during supplier selection and negotiation.
- Develop supplier relationships including provision of performance metrics.
- Develop a supply base compatible with company objectives and future needs.
- Provide support to internal customers on all third party and logistics related issues.
- Manage and undertake administration of procurement procedures including use of SAP.
- Mitigate invoice queries and resolve payment issues.
- Ensure compliance with all regional and global policies, procedures and quality accreditations.
- Provide regular reports and metric data as necessary.
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of supply chain activity and participate in improvement initiatives throughout the organisation.
- Promote integrity, professionalism and adherence to ethical standards.
- Leverage global supply chain resources and knowledge to deliver best in class solutions.
- Develop, and assist with the development of, new policies, procedures and strategies and drive compliance within the organisation.
- Manage inter-company purchases in line with corporate objectives.
- Manage logistics and inventory in line with Project requirements to minimise cost, increase efficiency and reduce obsolescence.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements including import/export tariffs and documentation, trade compliance, customs and revenue.
- Manage and undertake expediting activities across all third party and inter-company supply chains.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering or a relevant field of study.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a position with responsibility for procurement of:
- 3rd Party Project resale materials and services
- Negotiation of agreements including terms & conditions
- Strong knowledge of procurement practices, regulations and policies.
- Strong knowledge of contract types, contractual terms and conditions and experience of negotiating and developing contracts with suppliers.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience of international sourcing and development of global supplier relationships.
- Strong team player with experience of participation in cross functional team improvement activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation and across all disciplines.
- Strong organisational skills with ability to make decisions and manage time effectively.
- Sound understanding of other business functions, particularly Project Management and Finance.
- Experience of using integrated ERP systems including modern procurement tools such as SRM.
- Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company. Our rewards programs are designed for employees who are aligned to our strategy, engaged and successfully contributing to the organizational goals. These philosophies, as well as our desire to care for you and your family, form the basis of our Total Rewards offer.
- We offer a wide-ranging reward package that goes far beyond your monthly salary including a generous holiday entitlement, defined contribution pension scheme and a range of supplementary benefits that are market competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online