Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 20th 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its programme principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Nutrition Officer
Locations: Mafa LGAs – Borno, Tarmuwa and Fune LGAs – Yobe
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- The project manager will be the overall manager of the program providing both administrative, leadership and technical support to the staff.
- The Nutrition Manager will be directly responsible for the implementation of the emergency nutrition programming including integrated community-based management of acute malnutrition (CMAM), MAM treatment using Tom Brown approach, Maternal infant, and young child feeding (MIYCF), Nutrition surveillance, coordination, and overall programme management.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct/update situation analysis of the nutrition situation for the development, design, and management of nutrition related programs/projects.
- Update tracking tool to monitor programme screening based data on acute malnutrition, collect health facility-based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs.
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for nutrition and health assessments.
- Liaise with nutrition and health assistants for accessing community support group database, health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility-based activities.
- Conduct ongoing capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, reproductive health service delivery, vaccination etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs.
- Support the SNO/NE Nutrition sector in organizing LGA based coordination meeting.
- Facilitate quarterly review meetings/workshops with respective government health managers at State/LGA level.
- Regularly report and coordinate with line supervisor regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making.
- Ensure regular contact with SMoH service providers and LGA health authorities to receive service delivery report in a timely manner.
- The Senior Nutrition Officer will be based in Borno (Mafa LGAs) and Yobe (Tarmuwa & Fune LGAs) Sates.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Community Health or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in implementing CMAM, IYCF, and other community-based nutrition activities. Experience in MAM treatment using Tom Brown approach is desirable.
- Master’s Degree in relevant fields; Nutrition, Public Health, Community Health will be an added advantage
- Be proficient in the use of computer applications (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Have excellent leadership, coordination, team, budget, project management and representation competencies.
- Fluent in English and Hausa languages.
- Have previous NGO experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e. CBT, WASH, Nutrition) preferably.
- Be committed to Action the AHSF’s mission, values, and policies.
Application Closing Date
10th January 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.