Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference in the lives of children in need. We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation, and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world. Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash, and Child Protection sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
General Description of the Position
This position is a national position. Position is based in Maiduguri with regular to travel within the regions of Tdh operations in Nigeria. The Supply Chain Officer oversees:
- Supporting the Logistic Coordinator in Implementing and supervising all procurement and warehouse operations in Maiduguri and other field sites in Nigeria.
- Assist the Logistic Coordinator in the Management of the Supply Chain by sustaining the following domains:
- Procurement Management
- Stock Management / Warehousing
- Support the Logistic Coordinator in carrying out a purchasing environment analysis at the local level.
- Aid in supervising the updating of price lists, supplier database, contract follow ups and purchase tracker.
- Assist in managing Tdh purchasing procedures and those from donors funding the programs.
- Help the Logistic Coordinator in establishing and updating purchasing timelines, taking into consideration procurement tables, operation timelines, contextual and procedural logistical constraints.
- Back the Logistic Coordinator in receiving, approving and processing requests for quotes and internal order forms.
- Buttress the Logistic Coordinator in ensuring that budgetary lines related to logistics are monitored and observed.
- Support the Logistic Coordinator in supervising the preparation of purchasing documents and drafting the contracts.
- Aid the Logistic Coordinator in supervising purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed.
- Help the Logistic Coordinator in selecting suppliers and negotiating prices, deadlines and delivery methods.
- Buttress the Logistic Coordinator in ensuring that purchasing documents are complete and archived in keeping with Tdh procedures.
- Assist in ensuring dealings with suppliers.
- Identify suppliers, and collect quotations accordingly
- Ensure that all the needed information is filled on quotations
- Ensure a proper filing system of all procurement files and documents and constantly update the follow up tool
- Negotiate the price, delivery time and other terms with suppliers
- Ensure the quality of the purchase and the delivery deadlines
- Ensure the collected documents are compliant with the procedures: supplier stamp, signature, date, description…
- Provide invoices and receipts to the administration according to the rules of the organization
- Ensure a good communication with the program managers at all the level of the purchase process
- Ensure a weekly report on the procurement follow-up is updated and disseminated,
- Ensure the supply of all recurrent items (Office supplies, cleaning items, drinking water, etc…)
- Identify with the Logistic coordinator the new suppliers and make a permanent research of new sources of supply on the benefit of the organization.
- Drafting framework, good and service contract, and follow-up for their renewal
- Report any problem with supplier to the Logistic coordinator.
- Do quality/quantity control for all supplies ordered and delivered
- Ensure the implementation of TdH Procurement procedures.
- Organize the procurement process.
- Ensure the archiving of procurement files and contracts follows TdH procedures.
- Prepare any kind of report requested by the Logistic coordinator.
Stock Management / Warehousing:
- Help the Logistic Coordinator in selecting storage locations and creating a plan for the development and security of these sites
- Buttress the Logistic Coordinator in ensuring that material is stored under suitable conditions.
- Assist in ensuring procedures are followed as stock is checked in and out.
- Aid the Logistic Coordinator in seeing that all documentation linked to stock is complete, correct and updated on time.
- Buttress the Logistic Coordinator in supervising monthly physical stock inventory and updating the Monthly Stock Report.
- Support the Logistic Coordinator in consolidating the supply chain monthly reports.
- Agree to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and promote Child Safeguarding policy.
- Report serious cases of abuse on children that she/he would be aware of in Tdh’s intervention locations. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Adhere to and enforce current administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- Formal Education / Training in Supply Chain desired – can be compensated with experience (at discretion of evaluation team)
- A minimum of 3 years work experience.
- Significant previous experience with similar tasks, particularly in procurement
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet, Server, LINUX)
- Experience in team management
- Previous experience with an NGO is desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful environment
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- To have a valid driving license is an asset.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels.
Deadline: 24th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online