Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Manager
Job ID: 61269
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
Job Sector: Banking
- The main purpose of the Bank tax manager is to manage the tax risk, defining and managing the tax strategy for the Bank. Implementation of systems and processes to monitor and mitigate identified tax risks. The manager is also the custodian of the transfer Pricing policy and documentation.
- The incumbent will advise on tax related issues and tax implication of business transactions which may involve agreement reviews, tax model simulations etc. The manager will interface with tax consultant, tax authorities’ officials and other tax management stakeholders.
- The Bank tax manager is responsible for overall compliance of the Bank to tax laws, attending to tax queries and audit by tax authorities at the federal and state.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Manage compliance with tax law in Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC and all tax aspects including, corporate tax transfer pricing, withholding taxes, indirect taxes, PAYE and tax planning.
- Monitor tax compliance for the Bank
- Identification and evaluation of taxation risks for the Bank
- Implementation of systems and processes to monitor and mitigate identified taxation risks
- Preparation of monthly and annual taxation computations and returns
- New and existing product evaluation to determine taxation impact
- Custodian of Bank’s transfer pricing policy, responsible for ensuring that policy is up to date and appropriate agreements and approvals are in place to ensure compliance
- Optimisation of Bank’s taxation expense, by identifying areas of tax savings
- Manage the relationship and participate in selection of external taxation consultants
- Improve taxation knowledge in the Bank through constant communication and tax training where appropriate
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Professional qualification in ICAN or CITN or CIMA or ACCA
- Post-graduate diploma or certificate in taxation would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Finance
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Nigerian State and Federal taxation requirements
- Understanding of IFRS
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online