Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience Level: Entry Level
Reporting To: Warehouse Officer
Proposed Start Date: February 2022
- Identify the items entering and leaving and check the quality, quantity and documentation;
- Report any problems with quality, quantity or documentation immediately;
- Provide support to Warehouse officer on update the SFU;
- Update any database upon request in the framework of storage management;
- Keep stocks forms bin cards, stock cards etc. up to date;
- Restrict entry into storage facilities and keep keys for the storage facilities;
- Supervise the use-by dates of food and medicine, ensuring proper stock rotation. Advise Logistics Assistant whenever expiry dates are approaching (within 2 months);
- Conduct monthly physical inventory of all items in stock and anytime upon request or convenience;
- Identify stock that is not being utilized and report to warehouse officer;
- Daily store supervision ensuring it is clean, organized and is regularly ventilated;
- Separate foodstuffs from other stock and pay special attention to dangerous goods;
- Ensure storage facilities are free from rodents and any other pests which may damage stock and periodically plan for fumigation of storage facilities;
- Plan for disposal of expired/infected products in collaboration with the logistics officer and program teams;
- Ensure budget holders personally conduct a physical review any stock they have requested and sign the necessary documentation;
- Directly supervise the process of loading and unloading, including casual worker request, attendance sheets and ensuring timely payment is made.
- Diploma in a related field with at least 1 year proven experience in stock management;
- Sound knowledge of general storage procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft and Excel Packages;
- Capacity to be flexible and adaptable;
- Highly organized;
- Good communication skills in both written and oral English and excellent in Hausa or Kanuri language.
Starting Gross Basic Salary
NGN 183,056 per month (excluding other benefits).
Deadline: 31st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply