Jhpiego, an affiliate of John Hopkins university is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families, in collaboration with some of its partners, save the children International (SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigerian Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM), Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP).
The program’s goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
- The Admin Officer (AO) reports to the State Team Leader and will be responsible for providing administrative support to the State Office teams.
- The AO will ensure that administrative processes follow Jhpiego, USAID rules and regulations, other applicable approved procedures at all times.
- The AO will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficiency of administrative operations and maintaining an on-site administrative system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of admin operations.
- Ensure that administration processes run smoothly to support effective and efficient program implementation.
- Responsible for managing and reporting operational usage of vehicle fleet and other facility equipment
- Provide and ensure that all logistics requirements are available for the smooth running of program activities.
- Set the standard for compliance with USAID and Jhpiego’s regulations and standards.
- Ensure that all shipments received are properly recorded and ensure that appropriate department is informed of the arrival of each shipment.
- Maintain lease and contract management database and ensure that renewals, extensions, termination processes are promptly initiated and completed
- Support office management and facility management process
- Support fleet management process
- Support planning and coordination of business travels for all country office staff
- B.Sc in Business Administration, Public Administration or relevant field
- Professional Certification in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated administrative experience within an international not-for-profit organization.
- Previous experience in a USAID award is highly desired
- Practical understanding and application of donor regulations in large and complex projects is highly desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills including use of automated fleet management and reporting software.
- Working knowledge of database applications, MS Word, and Excel etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision
Deadline: 3rd March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- CV and Cover Letter as a single word document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer