Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Clinical Services Optimizer – Lab Services
Summary & Scope of Work
- The optimizers will support RISE team to ensure sustainable, high quality and efficient care and treatment services through the provision of technical support to RISE state and Country office program.
- With supervision and guidance from the RISE Laboratory lead, the adhoc staff will monitor daily and weekly achievements, collate, analyze and write report of daily achievement and contribute to program efficiencies.
- The Clinical Services Optimizer will be responsible for supporting the implementation of RISE program with oversight from the technical director, Technical Leads and other RISE leadership
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to RISE program with focus on all Laboratory program area support for Care and Treatment and Pediatrics/PMTCT.
- Participate in technical meetings within country office and state level
- Collates and report outputs from Laboratory Continuous Quality Improvement and corrective and preventive action
- Supports laboratory service delivery and laboratory related activities are in line with national and international standards and comply with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Collates and share line list of clients eligible for VL from EMR, to facilitate proactive tracking and bleeding of all eligible clients for VL daily at State levels
- Collates and share weekly outputs from VL drive, EID, CD4 and GeneXpert for all identified eligible clients from the States
- Conduct operational assessments and gap analyses to inform program implementation design and decision making at national and sub-national levels;
- Support monitoring of project progress including preparing periodic reports and/or presentations on areas of focus while closely maintaining deadlines;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with relevant national, provincial, district and facility staff;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by leadership
- Manage RISE adhoc accountability matrix and volunteer database
- Facilitates the implementation of key interventions of HIV RTCQI e.g., retesting, quality control, proficiency testing, competency assessment of counselor testers and QA assessment of facility and community testing points
- Coordinates inventory control management for RTKs and other laboratory supplies in the facility and among the community teams
- Collect and manage relevant national and sub-national data including drafting data collection tools, leading data collection, managing and analyzing data sets and dashboards, synthesizing analyses from data to support decision making;
- Prepare and process relevant Laboratory services program documents as necessary.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) Health / Social sciences, Public Health or its equivalent experience with a formal qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with an international and or local NGO
- 1 year experience in clinical services delivery at the health facility level
- Strong reporting and data analytic skills required
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Strong analytical skills; ability to process and interpret data trends
- Initiative and ability to identify needs, especially in a busy environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
- Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results
- Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfill commitments and use resources responsibly.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- 2 years experience for optimisers and 2-3 years for assistants.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline 24th February, 2022.