MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer – IP and MPLS Support, Network
Job Identification Number: 1080
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Datacomm Support
- Provide day to day Operational and Maintenance Support for the MTN Nigeria’s enterprise Data Network based on MPLS Technology.
- Coordinate high level understanding of multi-services platforms, routing protocols ISIS / RIP / RSVP / OSPF / BGP / iBGP / and trouble shoot down to packet level.
- Guarantee in-depth knowledge of IP/MPLS protocols, NMS systems, firewalls, Cisco works, CIC, identify with Layer 2 and 3 VPN in line with the Service Level Agreements.
- Implement VoIP and IP Telephony in a Telco and Large IP Networks including integration and configuration.
- Implement firewalling technologies and network access control methodologies.
- Implement mile business connectivity access technologies like ADSL,WiFi,Wimax.
- Implement QoS, Diffserv Traffic shaping and traffic QoS policy with In-depth understanding.
- Escalate network related fault and network clearance rate.
- Ensure quality roll-out of new Data/services working with Marketing and IP System planning teams.
- Perform New Node implementation and cut over.
- Provide Emergency Maintenance on IP/MPLS Network/High Level trouble shooting.
- Liaise with IP vendors, interfacing with TAC centers and Vendor Tier 2 and 3 support staff.
- B.Sc in Computer Science / B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or any related field
- Cisco Certification to Professional Level required with a bias in MPLS Technology/Routing & Switching/Datacenter.
- 3-7 years of experience which includes:
- Experience in a high-level support of large Enterprise Environment
- Experience in the implementation of QoS Policies, Segment routing
- Experience interworking with TAC and other Cisco services
- Prior experience in Service Provider and ISP Functionality.
Deadline: 11:59 PM: 3rd March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online