Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Assistant
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – WASH
Experience Level: Entry Level
Reporting To: Hygiene Officer
Proposed Start Date: March 2022
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Hygiene Assistant who will support to ensure the quality Implementation of hygiene promotion activities across communities.
- Collaborate with the Hygiene officer in preparing training modules for the promotion of hygiene practices at household and communities;
- Participate in developing teaching tools adapted to different audiences using different approaches; songs, role games, meetings, training courses;
- Mobilize communities to adopt safe hygiene practices as promoted by the project (latrine construction, hand washing facilities, environmental cleanliness;
- Participate in the process of beneficiaries’ selection to receive NFI assistance;
- Work closely with the Hygiene officer in beneficiary registration;
- Distribute Hygiene and NFI kits to registered beneficiaries;
- Organize emergency hygiene promotion awareness raising sessions;
- Assist Identify targeted partners within the communities: schools, hospitals, clinics, etc.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Public Health or Health related field;
- Previous experience in hygiene promotion and community mobilization;
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible in delivery tasks effectively;
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience;
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Fluency in Hausa and English;
- Demonstrate commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy;
- Previous experience of work in the humanitarian sector preferably;
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy;
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger preferably.
Starting Gross Basic Salary
NGN183,056 Monthly (excluding other benefits).
Deadline: 7th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.