Guaranty Trust Holding Company (Formerly Guaranty Trust Bank Plc) is a multinational financial institution that provides individuals, businesses, private and public institutions across Africa and the United Kingdom with a broad range of market-leading financial products and services. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria and with subsidiaries in Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone and the United Kingdom, the Bank currently employs over 12,000 professionals and has Total assets and Shareholders’ Funds of N4.057trillion and N661.1Billion respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
- The Internal Control Officer is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing internal control reviews and procedures regarding the organization’s process, systems, accounting structures, and projects.
- This candidate will work in partnership with all stakeholders to ensure that potential risks and controls are adequately identified, measured appropriately, and recommendations implemented.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan
- Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed
- Conduct periodic reviews of the effectiveness of the internal control system to ensure the integrity of the system, improve them and propose value-added recommendations.
- Develop, execute, and monitor adequate internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) in line with best accounting practices and identifying appropriate risk and mitigation strategies
- Monitor and ensure all system user accounts/privileges are approved with proper system access parameters in line with their respective level of information access for their job functions
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that controls are fully embedded in the design of processes and systems
- Collaborate with business and process owners to implement and monitor remedial actions that result from internal control audits, and drive the effective implementation of corrective actions
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve identified control deficiencies.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other business-related fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in asset management, real estate, or banking operations of which three years’ must be in internal control
- Analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills and perfect command of the English language.
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- ICAN/ACCA certification an added advantage
- Understanding of accounting and financial processes including risk and financial controls
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th March, 2022.