The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Employment Reintegration Advisor
Vacancy No.: 009
- The position holder carries out advice giving activities in the above mentioned frame to individuals seeking counselling and support.
- S / he researches, compiles and makes available relevant information related to education and employment opportunities in Nigeria.
- S / he supports the State Coordinator of the Nigerian-German Centre for Jobs, Migration and Reintegration (NGC), Edo State in the day-to- day activities at the Centre and fulfills tasks assigned by the State Coordinator.
- S / he supports the State Coordinator in further development of theactivities and approaches of the NGC Edo State.
- S / he additionally supports the team during field work in regard of communication with various actors.
The Junior Employment and Reintegration Advisor performs the following tasks:
- The below functions are indicative and may be modified according to the needs of the project.
- Carrying out advice to individuals seeking support and counselling at the NGC Edo State
- Researching relevant information on ongoing developments on (re-)integration to Nigeria and perspectives in this area
- Following-up and updating the team on ongoing developments with regards to the topic of migration in Nigeria and the activities of the government regarding this topic
- Conducting research and monitoring of employment opportunities and the labour market in Nigeria as well as transnational economic activities between Nigeria and Germany – providing related information to the team
- Ensuring good communication and flow of information within GIZ and with other relevant actors
- Providing general administrative support
- Ensuring a good flow of information and coordination with State partners and stakeholders
- Researching, reviewing, preparing and forwarding relevant reports and documents
- Supporting the organization of events and documents meetings (by taking notes and minutes of meetings, events) workshops and seminars at the State level
- Preparing workshop material and giving lectures/trainings on vocational and educational perspectives and employment opportunities in Nigeria and on options and requirements of labour migration to Germany
- Updating the relevant folders of the GIZ Knowledge Management System to facilitate access to key information for tenders such as project references, performance confirmations from clients etc.
- Engaging in other activities assigned by the State Coordinator.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Communications or any other project-related field.
- Not more than of 3 years of relevant work experience after the first degree
- Job experience preferred in one of the fields relevant to the project- Employment, Migration, etc.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills; German language skills would be an asset.
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including the data analyses/processing packages;
- Familiarity with the administrative, political and migration policy environment in Nigeria and in the region;
- Nigerian national and ideally own migration experience in Germany or another European country
- Detail-oriented and ability to work under minimal supervision and to show initiative and resourcefulness
- A strong capacity for effective teamwork, high degree of flexibility, ability to work under pressure of deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Willingness to travel in- and outside the country.
Deadline: 20th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details via email to: email@example.com using the Vacancy no. (009) as the subject of the email.
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted