Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience Level: Mid Level
Reporting To: Logistics Manager
Proposed Start Date: February 2022
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Logistics Officer who will be responsible for ensuring that efficient and appropriate logistical support is provided in compliance with Action Against Hunger Protocol and procedures.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance is scheduled and properly executed for all vehicles and generators;
- Ensure that Action Against Hunger standard vehicle and generator fueling, maintenance and repair processes are implemented and adhered with, logbooks are filled, consolidated and monitored on a regular basis and reported monthly;
- Directly supervise and manage the works of logistics assistants and oversee the drivers;
- In case of accident, incident, provide report to Logistic Manager;
- Ensure that Action Against Hunger standard fuel management processes are implemented and adhered with, monitored on a regular basis and reported monthly;
- Develop a monthly planning of purchase for the materials required for the facility management; prepare PRs; and ensure quality control of deliveries from suppliers;
- Organize inter-bases movements in liaison with base logisticians from other bases;
- With the support of the logistics assistant, organize the cargo movements via trucks, planes or any other available and approved means;
- Ensure security rules are followed up during the movements;
- Consolidates monthly logistics cash forecast and the invoice payment schedule; adhere to policies and procedures; works for base improvements; provide inputs to budget proposals and procurement plans;
- In collaboration with finance ensure all advances procedures are followed and documents are shared with relevant person;
- Carry out inspections in the facilities then conduct repairs needed and submit suggestions for improvements to the supervisor;
- Oversee the management of the facilities maintenance contract;
- Need to quick response (if needed) about any electrical fault, plumbing issue within office premises and guest house;
- Ensure conducive ambiences is set for all staff, where necessary, propose viable option for improvement of work settings.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanics, Logistics, or related field. or related field;
- At least 2 years of work experience preferably in humanitarian or development work with at least 1 years of experience in emergency;
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Expert User of Microsoft Office Suite 2016 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Ability to manage and follow work plans;
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Fluent in English;
- Good interpersonal skills – approachable, diplomatic, able to negotiate, influence, give and receive effective feedback, be a team player;
- Ability to manage stress effectively and juggle competing priorities. Experience in supervisory position an asset;
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs;
- Fluency in one or more national or regional languages an asset. Proficient in IT and networking technology;
- Valid driving license mandatory.
Starting Gross Basic Salary
NGN281,063 Monthly (excluding other benefits).
Deadline: 7th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.