Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you will be responsible for providing financial controllership oversight to both the finance and operations teams.
- You are also charged with the responsibility of supervising all aspects of financial management, including budgets and forecasts preparation, formulation of financial strategies, and the development of internal policies and procedures.
- Develop a robust operational financial strategy and direction that will drive sustainable growth.
- Build upon past and current efforts to develop the financial infrastructure of the organization; this will include a focus on the continued strengthening of risk management strategies, financial management systems and reporting, and the development of effective strategies for compliance monitoring and management of financial risks.
- Support commercial and operations team to understand financial/accounting implications of transactions and other matters by providing technical accounting guidance.
- Operate and run efficient and effective book closing and internal control processes and procedures.
- Research and advice on complex accounting issues.
- Ensure Controllership and Compliance of all Finance activities and documentation, are efficient, consistent, and aligned with local statutory policies, laws and regulations.
- Partner with the Audit unit for internal compliance reviews.
- Report finance status and Key metrics to the Managing Director.
- Participate in annual pre-close and monthly controllership reviews with key operators.
- Establish and maintain strong professional relationships with key accounting, tax, auditor, insurance, banks, the investment community and other service providers.
- Proactively identify revenue and income leakages and develop tactical measures of correction.
- Ensure ongoing review, update and documentation of monthly quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
- BSc in a Business related field.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Business related disciplines.
- 4 – 6 years of work experience.
- Professional Certifications
- Professional membership in a relevant industry association is required.
- N250,000 monthly.
Deadline: 9th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated copy of their CV only to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.