The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro was established by Decree No. 33 of July 25, 1979. The Polytechnic opened to students on November 15, 1979 on a temporary site provided by its host community, the ancient town of Ilaro, Ogun State. The first site of the Polytechnic was the compound of the Anglican Grammar School, Ilaro about half a kilometre from Ilaro township junction. The Polytechnic was on this temporary site till 1983 when it moved to its permanent site along Ilaro/Oja-Odan Road, about three kilometres from Ilaro Township. It is alos about 60 kilometers from Idiroko, a Nigerian Border town with Benin Republic. Ilaro town itself is an ancient town, land locked between Lagos and Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State. The polytechnic occupies a total of 898.116 hectares land area on its permanent site.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below which will become vacant on 14th July, 2022:
Job Title: Polytechnic Bursar
Location: Ilaro, Ogun
- The Bursar shall be responsible to the Rector for the day to day administration and control of the Financial Affairs of the Polytechnic.
- Applicant should hold a good Honours Degree or HND qualification in Accountancy or Finance related course from a recognized Institution of higher learning with at least eighteen (18) years post qualification cognate experience and registration with ICAN, ANAN, or any other professional accounting body.
- He/she must have occupied the position of Chief Accountant or Deputy Bursar for a period of not ss than five (5) years in a higher Institution of learning.
- He/she must be a person of proven integrity, intellectually and professionally sound, and knowledgeable in the Rules and Regulations of Polytechnic system.
- He/she must also be versed in Public Service Rules, Financial Regulations and be Computer Literate.
- The preferred candidate should be proficient in the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) packages. The use of financial software packages is mandatory for the position.
Tenure Of Appointment
- The appointment will be for a single tenure of five(S) years and no more.
- Candidate must not be more than 59 years of age as at the time of appointment
- Evidence of attendance of a continued mandatory professional developmental course is required. This is in line with the Federal Polytechnics Amendment Act of 2019.
- N5,975,291 per annum.
Conditions Of Service:
- The conditions of service for the post are the same as obtainable in all Federal Polytechnics in the Country. In addition, the appointee shall enjoy, any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following order:
- Full names with surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality / State of Origin / Local Government
- Marital Status
- Number and Age(s) of Children
- Present Job Status and Salary
- Current Contact Address with Telephone Number
- Permanent Address
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic and / or Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Membership of Professional Associations / Bodies
- Previous Employment (s) and Post (s) with Dates
- Present Appointment (with Date), Status and Salary
- Community Service
- A Statement of Strategies / Proposal for / on increased revenue generation and cost control in a higher institution of learning.
- Extra Curriculum activities.
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of all relevant credentials and supporting evidence (in sealed envelope) should be forwarded either by hand or post and should be marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope “Polytechnic Bursar” to reach:
The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro,
P.M.B. 50, Ilaro,
Ogun State, Nigeria.
- Applicants should request their Referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar either through surface mail or as e-mail attachment to: email@example.com
- Interested applicants must support all their claims with documentary evidence.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.