The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro was established by Decree No. 33 of July 25, 1979. The Polytechnic opened to students on November 15, 1979 on a temporary site provided by its host community, the ancient town of Ilaro, Ogun State. The first site of the Polytechnic was the compound of the Anglican Grammar School, Ilaro about half a kilometre from Ilaro township junction. The Polytechnic was on this temporary site till 1983 when it moved to its permanent site along Ilaro/Oja-Odan Road, about three kilometres from Ilaro Township. It is alos about 60 kilometers from Idiroko, a Nigerian Border town with Benin Republic. Ilaro town itself is an ancient town, land locked between Lagos and Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State. The polytechnic occupies a total of 898.116 hectares land area on its permanent site.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below which will become vacant on 14th July, 2022:
Job Title: Polytechnic Registrar
Location: Ilaro, Ogun
- The Registrar shall be responsible to the Rector for the day to day administration of the Institution and shall perform such other duties as the Counsellor, as the case may be, the Rector may from time to time require him/her to do.
- He/she shall be the Secretary to the Council, the Academic Board and any Committee of the Council.
- Applicant should hold a good Honours Degree from a recognized Institution of higher learning plus at least seventeen (17) years cognate experience, or a holder of a Master’s Degree from a recognize Institution of higher learning plus at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience; or a holder of Doctorate Degree plus at least twelve (12) years cognate experience in Tertiary Institution.
- He/she must have occupied the position of a Deputy Registrar for a period of not less than five(5) years in a higher Institution of learning.
- He/she must be a person of proven integrity, he/she must be intellectually and professionally sound and knowledgeable in the Rules and Regulations of Polytechnic system.
- He/she must be loyal to the Chief Executive and the Council, and assist effectively in the running of the affairs of the Polytechnic.
- The preferred candidate should be proficient in the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) packages.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be for a single tenure of five (5) years and no more.
- Candidate must not be more than 59 years of age as at the time of appointment
- Evidence of attendance of a continued mandatory professional developmental course is required. This is in line with the Federal Polytechnics Amendment Act of 2019.
- N5,975,291 per annum.
Conditions Of Service:
- The conditions of service for the post are the same as obtainable in all Federal Polytechnics in the Country. In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following order:
- Full names with surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality / State of Origin / Local Government
- Marital Status
- Number and Age(s) of Children
- Present Job Status and Salary
- Current Contact Address with Telephone Number
- Permanent Address
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic and / or Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Membership of Professional Associations / Bodies
- Community Service
- Mission Statement / Proposal on making the Registrar fulfill its objective
- Work Experience with Dates
- Extra Curriculum activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of all relevant credentials should be forwarded either by hand or post and should be marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope “Polytechnic Registrar” to reach:
The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro,
P.M.B. 50, Ilaro,
Ogun State, Nigeria.
- Applicants should request their Referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar either through surface mail or as e-mail attachment to: email@example.com
- Interested applicants must support all their claims with documentary evidence.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.