Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant, Feedback (Nigerian Nationals Only)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full-time
Job: Program Management
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- The humanitarian crisis in the NE Nigerian states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) remains acute with many humanitarian indicators nearly as poor as were reported at the peak of the crisis. Vulnerable people continue to suffer from acute humanitarian needs, displacement, and violence which has been further exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In this emergency context, IDP households are among the worst affected populations as displacement has resulted in the loss and destruction of key assets, the interruption of livelihoods and extensive trauma. In order to effectively respond to the crisis, CRS Borno’s emergency and early recovery programs are focused on food, NFIs, WASH and shelter for both IDPs and host families.
- Where possible, CRS will seek to maximize project impact, efficiency and effectiveness by adopting market-based approaches – through e-vouchers and the RedRose, OneSytem platform – privileging integrated programming and empowering targeted communities through participatory approaches.
- As a member of the Emergency project team, the Project Assistant Feedback will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient project administrative activities in support of CRS’s mission to serve the poor and vulnerable.
- You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of project resources to help ensure high-quality programming.
- The role of the Feedback Desk Assistant is to ensure that all the calls, messages and in person visitors related to feedback are timely and formally attended to, logged and reported.
- The position will assist the Feedback Desk Officer by providing necessary information and reports on feedback received and action taken. The position will keep proper notes, records and use predefined templates as provided by the MEAL unit for the purpose.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Serve as an assistant custodian of the feedback hotline and email.
- Assist in maintaining proper and accurate feedback records and call register.
- Strictly adhere to the standard operating procedures for handling sensitive and non-sensitive feedback and complaints.
- Submit records and registers regularly and on time.
- Assist Feedback Desk Officer in communications with complainant/feedback providers on follow-up, further inquiries and responses in the relevant local languages.
- Assist in follow-up with programs on the actioning and resolution of feedback and complaints and ensure that the feedback loop is closed.
- Assist documentation process for incoming and outgoing calls/SMS through hotline and support formalities required for billing process.
- Assist in managing a central database to consolidate records and log-sheets on feedback and complaints received from the field in a timely and regular manner.
- Support in providing all technical support to the project accountability focal points relating to the receipt and actioning of feedback and/or the response to feedback provider.
- English, Hausa and a proficiency in Kanuri is required and an added advantaged.
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Borno state. Staff must be willing and able to travel up to 10% of the time to field locations throughout the work week.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal : MEAL Coordinator; Emergency MEAL Coordinator; Feedback Desk Officer, Accountability Staff and Accountability Focal Points; Operations and Program staff.
- External : Partners, Vendors, Beneficiaries, Other community members, Visitors.
- High School Diploma required. First Degree / Higher National Diploma in Social or Management Sciences a plus.
- 1 – 2 years work experience.
- Experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Strong administrative experience, including typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office Package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
Deadline: 14th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online