Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry. We venture into this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Petroleum Engineer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- This role will provide strategic options for unconventional development with emphasis on economic evaluation and apply holistic modeling and decision analysis techniques to support valueoptimization of the full upstream portfolio within the Company’s upstream strategy.
- Carry out economic Modeling for ongoing exploration and development as part of commerciality assessment
- Perform economic evaluation to support fast-paced development decisions and work closely with Corporate Finance, Strategy and Reserves groups
- Carry out Risk & Uncertainty assessment of technical and financial components
- Perform Specific scenario planning and sensitivity studies as directed by Management closely work with multi-disciplinary teams to strategize and implement field development plans
- Conversant with Reserves estimation, validation and booking
- Conversant with business planning process. Short- & Long-range planning, portfolio ranking
- Develop and implement new work processes, best technical practices, governance, and controls
Required Qualification / Experience
- B.Sc Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related field. An advanced degree in Petroleum Economics or Statistics would be an advantage
- 8 -12 years’ experience.
- Broad experience in the oil and gas upstream business with skills in subsurface evaluation and petroleum economics
- Experience in working with vendors including Corporate Finance, Corporate Strategy & Market Analysis and Reserves
Knowledge / Skills:
- In-depth knowledge in the following specialties:
- Economic Evaluation, Business Planning, and Budgeting
- Field development and depletion plans
- Investment decision analysis (including risk and uncertainty).
- Critical technical expertise, managerial acumen and exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of the following applications (or similar) is required: PEEP, MOSAIC, Enersight, PVTsim, ProjectRA and Spotfire.
- Highly analytical and strong attention to detail.
- Strong managerial, delegation and negotiation skills
- Team Building and collaboration abilities
- A critical thinker and good problem-solving ability.
- Strong time management skills
- Report-writing abilities
- Committed to accuracy and completeness.
Deadline: 25th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.