Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun – The College is an institution established to produce middle level teaching personnel in humanities, science, technical and vocational sectors. As a tertiary institution, the College is rooted in the practice of the best traditions, principles and conduct of higher education with emphasis on teaching and research. To this end, the College runs Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes on regular and part time basis and in affiliation with the Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti and also runs full-time Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) courses in a number of disciplines.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Osun, Osogbo
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College. The incumbent will be responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration of the College and serve as Secretary to the Council and academic Board.
- He / She will also ensure proper application of policies and procedures for the general administration of the institution.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must be a graduate of a recognized University with a good degree (minimum of second class lower division) in Humanities or Social Sciences with at least eighteen (18) years post qualification cognate experience or a holder of Master’s degree in Humanity or Social Sciences from a recognized institution plus at least 15 years cognate experience or Doctorate degree in Humanity or Social Sciences with 12 years cognate experience.
- The cognate experience here refers to extensive experience in an administrative capacity in institution of higher learning.
- The right candidate must be a member of relevant professional personnel management bodies
- The candidate should also demonstrate strong strategic planning and organizational skills, imbued with matured judgment and absolute integrity.
- A suitable candidate must have been on a post not below a Deputy Registrar, or equivalent for at least the last four (4) years in a tertiary educational institution.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years. He / She, may be eligible for re-appointment for second term of five (5) years only;
- The conditions of service for the post will be as approved by the Government.
Deadline: 7th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of their Curriculum Vitae plus three (3) recent Passport Photographs and photocopies of their Education Professional Credentials, giving the following information in the order shown below:
- Full Names (Surname underlined)
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Dates and Place of Birth
- Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Current Postal Address including telephone numbers and email address Permanent home address
- Education Institutions attended with dates
- Academic / professional Qualifications and Distinctions obtained with dates
- Membership of professional bodies/associations
- Work experience in chronological order
- Research and Publications employment status and salary
- Extra-Curriculum activities
- Names and address of Three (3) Referees (one of whom must be a Professional or an Authority in practice and another current or immediate past employer)
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun,
Important Information and Notice
- Candidates should write the Post Applied For at the left hand corner of their envelopes;
- Candidates should note that only the shortlisted candidates would be contacted;
- Candidates are advised to request their referees to forward the letters of reference directly and under confidential cover to the office of the “Provost, Osun State College of Education, lla-Orangun”. The College owes no candidate any explanation on the outcome of his/her application.
Leave a Reply